Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation All about Feminized seeds

4 voices
12 replies
  • Author
      Somatek
      Participant

Lets try this again as it hasn’t let me post about it since @Atom asked about making them in a private conversation and suggested we discuss it in a thread.

Somatek
      Participant

LMAO, well so much for that as the forums again won’t let me post about it and says it’s been blocked by the firewall as dangerous content…

So, until that’s sorted out I can’t spend more time as I’ve typed out an explanation twice now only to be blocked by the website.  I don’t know if there’s a limit to post lengths or something else triggering the firewall but hopefully it’s sorted  soon.  Sorry to waste the space…

Nate
      Participant

That’s shitty man. I’ve had that happen to me a few times. Made me really wish that they had a draft option of some sort. Although if I remember correctly, I was able to go back a page and copy the text of the post even if it wasn’t letting me post it. Maybe do that next time and save it in a text document until the error goes away?

Somatek
        Participant

Lol I’ve tried that for the last day trying to post about fem seeds/what they are and aren’t and how to make them.  Usually at worst I copy and paste the post into a word file, give the site a couple hours and then it posts no problem.  After a day, day and half though of being shut down by the firewall and having just re-written it a second time from scratch I’m tapping out lol.  I messaged Spider Farm about it yesterday and sent them a screenshot today, so hopefully they can sort it out and tell me how I’m breaking the site lol.

Brad104
      Participant

Im glad that this post is here I’ve got a few things I’d like to learn about this subject.I sure hope that it’s sorted out soon for I can’t wait for the discussion.

Somatek
      Participant

Why not try again, maybe it’ll let me post this time…

A quick primer, which gets quicker every time…

Normal seeds are made by combining male pollen with female flowers and result in seeds with equal male and female genes being passed on.  Which also makes breeding hard because we can’t properly apply selective pressure to the males, we have to guess which we think will be the best or we end up with piles of seeds to test and sort through with takes up too much time/space/money for underground breeders/pollen chuckers to do their thing.

Putting their brains together growers figured out ways to make female plants turn intersexed, that is to grow male flowers on female plants which does two things; first we can easily apply selective pressure as we know which are the good/bad females by sampling them directly instead of having to make seeds, grow those out and then evaluate. Secondly it means the pollen only has female genes, so the seeds are 99% female with the odd hermaphrodite.  We’ll go over how their made next and lastly what they are/aren’t, assuming this actually posts that is…

Edited to add:  If anyone has any questions about this please respond to this post specifically to see if we can keep this thread organized instead of posts in random order.  Use the “reply” button in the top corner of this post to reply to it specifically, instead of the reply space at the bottom, in case anyone doesn’t know how to reply to a specific message and not just the thread.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Somatek.
      Brad104
      Participant

It’s finally done @somatek you posted it and I’m extremely happy about it, cause I have long wondered how they could guarantee it to be a female seed.Now I read this,I understand a little better how it’s done 👍

Somatek
      Participant

Not even close, I tried to post the next section after this but got blocked lol…

Any questions so far?

Brad104
      Participant

When they get the girls to take on the male pollen sacs is it achieved the same as it’s done regular or I would think 💬 there’s different things to do besides just sprinkling pollen from the male,but I don’t know

Somatek
        Participant

Collecting and using the pollen is the same regardless of whether it comes from a male or female plant, the only difference is how females are treated to induce them to become intersex plants and grow male flowers.  Which I’ll get to when it lets me post, one or two have been blocked, we’ll see when I can sneak the next post filled with “dangerous content” past the firewall lol.

Brad104
      Participant

I appreciate your patience, so you may be able to further educate myself and others who doesn’t understand the complex things that are bound to happen, when you are guaranteed to receive 99% female seeds.As always I wish to thank you @somatek For explaining this complex issue (in my mind anyway it’s complex) to me

Area 415
      Participant

Do you have any tips on making fem pollen?

Somatek
        Participant

Yes, covering how fem seeds are made will be the next post when the sites firewall let’s me instead of blocking it for apparently no reason.  Sorry it’s coming piece by piece but I’ll try again tomorrow if I have time between training shifts at the pot shop and building something to hang a 450w LED from.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close