Home Forums Lifestyle Book recommendations

last updated by Keith 1 year, 6 months ago
2 voices
4 replies
  • Author
      Keith
      Participant

A few years ago I discovered books on tape.  In high school I was an avid reader but as an adult I don’t have the time.  However, I drive for 3-4 hours a day 5 days a week.  I can smash an 800 page book in a week or 2.  I’m always looking for new books.  I mostly listen to fiction, but am really interested in history.  Right now I’m listening to The Count of Monte Cristo.  When I can’t find anything to listen to I’ll go to the classics.  Figuring they’re prob pretty good if they’re still around 200 years later.  But any recommendations would be great.

Brad104
      Participant

1.sidney Sheldon = master of the game, If tomorrow comes and everything else after you read those 2 like I did.

2.Lawrence Sanders = the Anderson tapes , the deadly sin series,the McNally series and the commandments series then the rest

3.john grisham= The partner,The firm, Rainmaker, The client. Etc.

4.Stuart woods=palandrone,white heat strangers on a train etc.

5.James Patterson=All the Alex Cross novels then too many more to list . He’

Keith
      Participant

Thanks

Brad104
      Participant

The underboss , and another true crime I am reading now is blood on the razor wire it’s a tale of a young man who was sentenced to 40 years in the feds in the big sandy USP it’s super good and violent

Keith
      Participant

Believe it or not in my mid 20’s I got into some trouble and had to do 20 months in the feds.  It was at fci Loretto in PA.  It was only a low security so it wasn’t a usp.  But older guys would be there who worked their way down from a usp to a low security and the stories they had were fucking crazy.  Dudes taking olive oil and boiling it in the microwave to splash on someone.  Razor blades soaked in piss and shit so they’ll cause infection.   This guy I used to play scrabble with had a scar going all the way around his head where some dudes split his head open with a metal bar.  I’m thinking how the fuck do you survive a place like that.  I’m 140 lbs.  Loretto wasn’t too bad.  I only ever saw a couple fights.  There were a bunch of gay dude going around so you didn’t hear about anyone getting raped.  The guys either weren’t violent criminals or had spent years trying to work down from the usp and did not want to go back.  We just did our jobs during the day and played games at night.  There’s really a shit load of stuff to do in federal prison.  I worked out and played cards bc I didn’t have enough time to really get into anything.  By the time I got to my parent institution I only had about 14 months left.  They kept me in transit for 6 months. That’s what sucked the most about the whole thing.

Topic tags

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close