Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation Cleaning of light fixtures

3 voices
9 replies
  • Author
      Brad104
      Participant

I know that you are to clean your hid bulbs with alcohol every other month or something but I haven’t the slightest idea of how to clean an LED light or should it just be lightly dusted any response honestly is appreciated 👍

Keith
      Participant

I was honestly just wondering about this the other day.  I take great pains to never let anything touch them.  When I set them down I do it on a blanket.  I initially thought they not need cleaned.

Somatek
        Participant

The big issue is over spray if using any pesticides/foliar sprays in the grow area and not covering/removing the light.  Especially neem oil or anything like that, you’d be amazed how many filthy grows I’ve seen over the years.

Brad104
      Participant

That’s what I am wondering if they are just to get a light dusting once in a while or what I’m not sure hopefully some body has more information about this

Somatek
      Participant

I imagine it depends if they’re water proof or not as to how to clean QB boards but haven’t actually looked into it yet.

Brad104
        Participant

About all of the bar style lights I’ve looked at as of recently most all I’ve saw is waterproof so I guess just a light dusting is all that would be required.Im definitely going to read the Manuel of whatever light I decide to buy .

Somatek
        Participant

I’ve yet to see care instructions with any of my light but as they’re all coated to be waterproof I’ll just wipe down with a damp rag if and mild detergent if I can’t find anything specific.

Brad104
      Participant

That’s what I was thinking sir, I will just lightly damp a wrag in water and maybe dish soap or plain water and be done with it.Thanks for your response @somatek

Somatek
        Participant

Hopefully you get a more definitive answer as I don’t actually know if that’s best, just seems logical as I assume if there were specific warnings around cleaning they’d be stated in the instructions.  Hopefully Spider Farm chips in with solid info on how to clean their products.

Brad104
      Participant

Hopefully so that would be awesome maybe I can get rewarded some points for a good question ❓ ha ha 😅😹 I am not lucky but I try soma you know

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close