Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation Galactic Gummies!

last updated by Atom 1 year, 6 months ago
2 voices
9 replies
  • Author
      Atom
      Participant

Starting this topic separately to explain my gummie process. It is a pretty involved and detailed process but going to do my best to explain it.

Atom
      Participant

So the first thing I do when making gummies is I get 2 sheet pans and put the molds on them. Then spray them lightly with some Pam and place them in the freezer.

This step is pretty important because you want the molds to be chilled so it will speed up the setting of the product, and they will stick in the molds if you don’t spray them with a bit of oil. You could probably get all crazy and use some canna oil if you’d like but Pam works well.

I used to use 3 of the smaller molds and 3 larger and it would fit a batch perfectly but it’s a pain to hand pour these little leaf molds so I started doing 4 large and 2 small. If you don’t over fill and it will fill all the large molds and about one and half small. It’s really hard to pour perfectly every time so I usually end up with only one small mold or sometimes  a bit less.

There’s lots of kinds of molds that hold different amounts so you will probably have different results depending on tje molds you obtain.

Atom
      Participant

Next you want to set your oven to 220 so you can decarb the rosin or resin whatever your using, very important step. I use an Oxo silicone measuring cup to decarb in. 220 for 20 mins.

A little tip I’ve learned is put a small amout of vegetable glycerin in the cup with the materials. It can sometimes stick the bottom and be hard to get it all mixed in the next step. 

Atom
        Participant

While that’s decarbing on to the next step. You need to get the gelatin mixture blooming. You want it all to be incorporated and starting to absorb the juice you added in.

Weight out 45g of gelatin powder and 5g of citric acid. Add to cold pan. Then add 6oz of jello, I’ve used lots of different flavors and I like starburst jello the best. You want to mix these well before next step or else it won’t come together right.

Once you have these mixed well, then add 2/3 cup of juice of your choice. I found apple works best with all flavors and keeps the gummies nice and bright. Cherry juice is a good choice bit will make for darker end products. Mix these together well, then add 1/4 cup of light corn syrup. Any brand works but Karo works best. Then allow it to bloom for 10 or 15 mins stiring it a few times. Always be easy when stiring to not add alot of air. It will make for less quality end products.

Atom
        Participant

Here’s a picture of all the tools I use.

Atom
        Participant

Atom
      Participant

Next step is to incorporate vegetable glycerin and lecithin with the rosin. Once 20 mins is up, pull out your container with the rosin, add 3 tablespoon of vegetable glycerin and half teaspoon of lecithin. Mix well then put back in oven for 5 min. I use a whisk and put that in with it while it heats again. I’ve found it helps to get it mixed well.

After 5 mins mix again, if it don’t look well incorporated then 5 more minutes in oven. Once it looks evenly mixed it’s ready to add to the jello mixture.

Atom
      Participant

Next step is to get everything mixed in the pan under low heat. You never want it to boil or it will ruin it. I set my stove in 3 and it takes exactly 5 mins. It’s very likely going to vary for you if your making them so just be mindful to not let it boil.

You want to stir the entire time to keep things moving and mixing. After 5 mins remove from heat. You should see a little steam rising off and you’ll know it’s ready to pour into molds. I use a 2 cup oxo silicone measuring cup works pretty good but easy to over pour if your not careful. If some has a better to get into molds please share.

Be very careful when pouring, this stuff is like lava and will stick and burn the hell out your hands.

If you have any questions feel free to ask or if it seems like I left something out. Was quite a process just figuring out how to present this, hopefully someone can find it useful and I explained it well.

Brad104
      Participant

Nice of you to share, this great gummy recipe thng of yours,, thanks again bro

Atom
      Participant

I realize already I left something out lol. So when I make them I do 4 batches normally.

After I pour them I put them back into freezer and start decarb on next batch. Wash and dry everything good or else when I put next batch of jello it will get clumpy and won’t turn out good. Then basically start the whole process again. Right about the time I mix the vegetable glycerin into rosin and put on for reheat I’ll pop the last batch out, put on a tray in fridge. After I have 2 batches on tray I put on separate mini fridge to dry up for atleast one week.

This is an important step to increase self life.

Topic tags

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close