Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation Happy girls

last updated by Atom 1 year, 3 months ago
3 voices
5 replies
  • Author
      HomeGrown.1018
      Participant

I raised my lights a little bit higher to see if my girls would stretch a little bit and they are. The nodes were really close and I wanted a little bit more spacing on them. Can you turn the lights down too to create more spacing in the nodes with out affecting the growth. But everything is still going good. Stay Medicated

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      IamN2pot
      Participant

Nice lookin ladies! To answer your question, yes, dimming your light will have the same effect as raising it, less photons hitting the cannopy will stretch the plant. As far as your questions about turning down the lights without effecting growth, everything you do to your plants will effect their growth. 🙂 Raising or dimming the lights, in general, will cause stretching between internodes and also slow overall growth and reduce the harvest size. Again, in general, more light equals more compact and faster growth and overall bigger harvest. You may want to watch this video. It has excelent info on marijuana lighting and effect on growth. https://forum.spider-farmer.com/forums/topic/latest-dr-bugbee-interview-from-shane-migro-a-must-watch/
      Hope that helps.

HomeGrown.1018
      Participant

Thank you for the info and input I will watch the video.

Atom
      Participant

Genetics will be a big factor in strech. Also the more you remove down low, the more it will stretch up. There are more nutrients and plant hormones to go around, it sends that directly to top growth. I go pretty extreme with defoliation and lollipop. Anything below 50% gets stripped. Most large leaves get stripped accept the top 3. I do this first thing when i flip, and again at the 3rd week of flower. It puts them into a sorta overdrive, i think possibly because it thinks its getting eaten.

I always like to recommend taking it slow though, if you wana jump in and go for it thats up to you. Id sure hate to give advice and it fs up someones run. I started put stripping out little then more and more every run to get to this point. Plants really seem to respond good to this method.

HomeGrown.1018
        Participant

Thanks I defoliated them a little last night to get better light penetration. I’ll see how they react to it and go from there thank you I appreciate it.

Atom
        Participant

Your welcome 🤘

Topic tags

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close