Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation Happy Harvest Season!

5 voices
12 replies
  • Author
      Somatek
      Participant

It’s that time of year where the skunky smell of harvest is in the air.  I didn’t have any outdoor plants this year but snapped a couple of pics of moms I gave my buddy back in the spring.

Highlo smelling delicious as always, it’s a light fruity/tart cherry smell that seems more common in high CBD varieties. It’d be interesting to see what this actually tests at but friends who are very sensitive enjoy it thoroughly so I imagine it’s at least 10:1 or higher.

And a couple of Violeta from Ace Seeds, sadly I didn’t get over there to grab a cutting before it flowered so this is the end of that mom.  I’m not sure if I’ll buy more seeds but for now I have a couple other purple varieties to explore first.  It has a lovely pine and grape cough syrup taste, especially in the volcano where it over powers a lot of other varieties vaped afterwards.  I actually keep a bag aside just to vape it in lol.

I imagine a lot of Northern Growers are taking their outdoors down now that the weathers turned.  Lets see those beautiful bud shots that’ll be keeping everyone stoned all winter.

Keith
      Participant

Never seen a purple plant that shade before.  Guess that’s why they call it that

Somatek
        Participant

Violeta is a cross between Purple Malawi x Pakistan Chitral Kush from Ace seeds, half the plants turned varying shades of purple indoors but I kept this mom for the deep purple colour and strong terps.  It’s a mild buzz, only around 12% THC but a good day time smoke.  Some of the plants that leaned towards the Malawi were a bit too speedy/anxious for me.

Atom
      Participant

Looks great. That water gives me anxiety though lol. I’m about 15 foot from running water/swamp so it’s never dry here.

Somatek
        Participant

It was raining that day, ideally these girls would probably get another couple days to a week but the weather has decided that’s it for the year as there’s rain on the forecast most days over the next week, grey skies and dropping temps mean it’s better mold growing weather then plants.  My buddy chopped  these down the next day, wee little babies compared to the jungle of massive plants he grew in his hugulkulture-inspired garden before breaking it apart to build a greenhouse attached to his woodshop this year.  It’s a very cool design using Jean Pain composting system for heating.

Atom
        Participant

I know how it goes. Outdoor can really suck but the way I see it, it’s the tax we pay for free light. I’m sure there’s places where Outdoor probably is better than indoor but not anywhere close to my location lol.

Somatek
        Participant

A big thing is having the right plant that matures early enough while also having good disease resistance (rarely bred for indoors) and a more open structure that doesn’t trap moisture/humidity as much as tight dense buds.  Which should make it clear why most indoor strains aren’t great as they’re selected for opposite traits: disease resistance doesn’t matter as we keep pathogens out, tight/dense buds yield better indoors and we trigger plants with 12/12 so there’s no selection for early flowering and potency.

Which is also why I really like Barbara Bud for outdoors around here, it’s done mid Oct which is about as late as you can push things consistently, it has giant buds but are airy enough they dry out and don’t rot and the stone/flavour are simply lovely.

Brad104
      Participant

Same to you guys I wish you all plentiful yields,We just got out first frost here today actually.

Somatek
        Participant

Frost is definitely better then snow falling lol  Although it’s just cold here, no snow but my buddy was telling me he woke up to a white lawn today.

Brad104
        Participant

Due to my geological  location I have always used squirrel 🐿️ season to justify harvesting, for if you made it all the way to 10/15 you had better cut It all cause the mountains will be polluted with all the squirrel hunters then deer season in November so maybe you guys can understand our squirrel 🐿️ season cut off a little bit better! Ha 😅🤣😅🤣😅🤣😅🤣

Somatek
        Participant

Mushroom hunters are more of a problem around here, although there aren’t many guerrilla growers left now compared to before legalization.

Racky
      Participant

Gotta Love Croptober!!!

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
        Somatek
        Participant

It’s the most magical time of year between Croptober finishing off with Halloween.  Hope your harvests keep you smoking till next year.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close