Forums

Home Forums Q&A I’ve got a theory about what’s going on with my autos. Could anyone help out

4 voices
8 replies
  • Author
      Keith
      Participant

I thought I posted this already but it never appeared.  So here I go again.

The same thing that happened to the photos is happening to the autos.  I’m getting a lot of dying off crispy leaves.  The photos I forgot to water and the leaves got fried.  But I never forgot to water the autos.  It’s not happening in the same scale as it happened to the photos though.  I recently read that I should’ve watered more frequently through flower.  Not a whole 100% wet to dry cycle but maybe 80-90% dry, then water.  I def pushed the 100% to the max trying to make sure they were completely dry.  I think that I was under watering all through flower and that’s why I’m getting so many crispy dress leaves.  Does that sound right?  Here’s some pics.

M
      Participant

I don’t see any pics. Is it just me or…?

Cannabliss
      Participant

When you water/feed, are you saturating the whole pot? (How are you sure if you do?)
      You could have some hydrophobic spots in your pot that the water just runs off of.
      Could that be the reason for the crispy leaves? I’m not 100% sure, but I think it’s possible.

Keith
        Participant

That could be true.  I add a bunch of extra perlite and I water pretty slowly to avoid that.  But it’s still a possibility.  I was actually worried about that for the new plants when I go to water tomorrow.  I’ve been noticing cracks in the soil that will let water straight down.  I’ll continue to water very slowly.  I can usually get about a gallon of water in the pots with very little run off.  But that depends where they’re at.  In flower def, in early veg a half gallon of water will give me run off.  I’ll def pay attention for that though.  Thanks for getting back to me.

Somatek
        Participant

Use bottom watering to make sure the pots are fully saturated.  My best tip for learning how to water is to keep two extra pots filled with soil but no plants by your grow.  Keep one fully saturated all the time, the other bone dry (use old soil instead of dumping it) and then compare the weight of your pots to the two to learn how to tell by weight when they need water.  It removes all the guess work, water is heavy and is the easiest way to accurately gauge saturation without fancy meters or evapotranspiration calculations.

Peat moss is hydrophobic so underwatering it can be a big issues for a lot of beginners.  Although I wouldn’t necessarily say that’s what’s going on here.

Keith
      Participant

Man I tried so many times to post these pics.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
        Somatek
        Participant

Looking at the pics I wonder if the issue may be a nute deficiency more then under watering if you’re saying this crop has been properly watered to the best of your knowledge.  Under watering the last one would definitely exasperate the issue since the hydration sphere directly affects nutrient availability, reducing it as saturation drops.  Keep in mind it’s just a blind guess based off limited info but I hope that gives you something else to think about.  When I’m trying to figure out issues in my garden I start with as many possibilities as possible, even if unlikely and then narrow it down through a process of elimination.

Cannabliss
      Participant

That actually looks pretty close, if not done if those white hairs are on a different plant. (Last pic)

Keith
        Participant

I thought the same.  But when I used a microscope I saw zero amber and quite a bit of clear.  I think I might chop anyways today though.  I can’t handle all that dead being in there and not being able to get it out while all them branches are tied up.  And if I have to take down all the strings holding the branches up I’d rather just chop.  I don’t get it.  This plant has looked like this for 2 weeks.  And I’ve been having to sort the branches for 3.  And the plant next to it is even worse.  It’s going on 14 weeks and looks like it has another 3 at least.  It’s fucking up all my plans. They should’ve been done and dried by now.  These plants in my spare bathroom, in veg, are somehow stinking up the back half if my house.  They shouldn’t even be in my house.  My wife had a friend coming over so she took an incense and LIT IT IN MY FUCKING GROW ROOM!  It was a bad day that day.  Anyway here’s some pics.  Thanks much for the reply.

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close