Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation Let’s see those cloning set ups!

6 voices
19 replies
  • Author
      Somatek
      Participant

Since I’m clearing out my ghetto clone set up today, I figured why not give people a chance to flex their cloning set ups to motivate me to get off my ass and set up a proper one…

So, to start by setting a low bar, here’s mine:

9w LED bulb in a Canadian tire clip on work light over a half tray (24 cell pack) in a humidity dome on a heating mat with temp controller.

Ironically these were taken exactly 2 weeks ago on Sept 27th, started showing roots around day 11-12, which is a good sign I need to take better care of my veg plants as I usually see roots closer to day 9.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Loves2Trim
      Participant

Not as bad as you think lol. Im leaning towards clones and mothers. The size of my new area permits quite a few more ladies. At 10 bucks or more a seed I think I would be saving alot of cash!

Somatek
        Participant

More then anything clones are about consistency as seeds are always variable.  Grow enough seeds and you’ll find an “elite” plant and understand why people love them so much as they just stand out as better quality and more aromatic.  Which is why we clone more then anything, to save those rare plants that are just better then most.   Although not having to buy endless packs of seeds is always nice as well

Cannabliss
      Participant

This is a small hydroponic unit that I use in a small space between tents. I sit the cuts in water & let them do their thing. 10-14 days for roots. 
      I’ve use pop cans, and fast food cups lol

Somatek
        Participant

Rooting in straight water is tried and true, tested by grandmothers growing “slips” of their plants for generations.  Nice compact little set up there and healthy looking clones.

Cannabliss
        Participant

These plants were either males, or they are mothers. The pic is from back in January. It works pretty well when used with the peat plugs & cradles it comes with. Those pics are older so they aren’t on my phone.

Somatek
        Participant

Glad I’m not the only one horrible at keeping pics organized lol

Cannabliss
        Participant

Haha. Cheers 🍻

Brad104
      Participant

I’m getting ready to take cuttings once again for the basement, and I will post a journal from beginning to end and hopefully I can get a few tips myself or teach a few if either happens it’s worth it!

Cannabliss
        Participant

I’m around if ya need a hand.

Somatek
        Participant

I’ll be posting in this thread next time I take clones to show my process to keep the info in one place for easier reference while also trying to reduce the clutter on the forums as Atom pointed out below.  Which will theoretically be in the next day or two and some girls need a haircut.

Brad104
      Participant

That means a lot @cannabliss, believe that bro.You are my ace in the hole!

Atom
      Participant

Common guys I have a clone thread established already. I know we all want to win and all, but do you want to be just posting for the sake of points, or be a part of a meaningful, well put together thread? It’s kinda disrespectful to not only the original thread creator but also to spider famer

Somatek
        Participant

I looked back a couple pages and didn’t see anything about cloning, for awhile there was so many new threads being posted it was hard to keep track.  Sorry if you had already started one, if I had seen it I would have posted there instead but it was an honest mistake.  Maybe Spider Farm/moderators could make some common topics stickied to the front page of the forums to avoid repeats.  I fully agree that people posting threads just to start new ones even if they’re redundant is an issue.

Atom
        Participant

Hey if it’s a mistake that’s one thing, and thank you for understanding. Not everyone handles being called out well and it says alot about your character.

We’re all trying to win something I can certainly understand. We are more or less the foundation of what will likely be an active forum long after this contest. Our posts will remain unless they remove it.

Somatek
        Participant

I fully agree, building the community is more important which is why I try not to start redundant threads.  I don’t have illusions about winning anything as people fly past me in points, plus I can’t fit anymore lights into my room, I don’t use tents or need any of the other gear lol.  I do try to promote quality of info/posts which is why I apologize for making a redundant thread and appreciate being called out for it. So thanks again for being a stand up dude looking out for the community, cheers.

Brad104
      Participant

I will admit I have posted quite a few threads and I am trying my hardest to win a light for I do need it,but I don’t wish to win by cheating in any way form or fashion.I respect the hell out of the guys on here and am willing to help anyone I can.I am not 🚫 taking offense to your post @atom for I admit you are one of the guys I mentioned that I respect and enjoy talking to daily same to @somatek @cannabliss @keith @nate @ neurotic turtle and many more I truly enjoy all of you guys knowledge and experience on issues and everything I post about now goes in the search bar now as @ cannabliss mentioned a week or so back .I totally agree with you guys we are the first of going to be the best forum out there in my opinion.For spider farmer forum gave us all the tools .We just need to implement the best way possible. I appreciate all you guys help and if I have pissed any of you guys off I do apologize.Im stuck back 20 years ago and trying to play catch up but it’s not going to take long with help from people of your character.         TIA

Somatek
      Participant

Any one else plant two clones in a cell pack to squeeze more into a tray?

I snapped a couple pics of how to separate roots for anyone who hasn’t tried it but wants to squeeze more clones in without taking up more space, especially useful for the spring when everyone and their cousin wants clones for outdoors.

Start by dipping/shaking the root ball in water to wash the soil away until you get something that looks like this

Then take a stem in each hand and keep dunking them while pulling them apart with a slight pressure as the water washes off the last bit of soil holding the roots together. Leaving you with two separate root balls to replant individually, I’ll snap some pics in a week to show these two compared to the other 3 that were planted by themselves.  Assuming I remember of course…

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m try to bookmark this post come back later to read again.

Thanks for the good topic.

Somatek
        Participant

Hopefully in time the posts people find really useful will be pinned to the top of the forum for easy reference.  Glad you’re finding it useful

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close