Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation Myths

6 voices
15 replies
  • Author
      NoWorryLeaf
      Participant

What growing myths have you heard of or read about?

1. Hanging plant upside down increase potency

2. Blueberry compost will accentuate the blueberry flavour

3.Cannabis requires 20X more phosphorus than any other plant

NOT A MYTH: Allowing an extended dark period 24-48 hours before harvest

• This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by NoWorryLeaf.
      Atom
      Participant
      • Myth.  Milk will sober you up. If your to high you just gotta ride that shit out.
      Keith
      Participant

God I bet there’s so many.  I’ve been wondering about the 48 hours of dark before harvest and if there’s anything to it.

Nate
      Participant

I think a big one would be the flush before harvest to improve flavor. I personally can’t definitively say whether it’s a myth or not, but I have seen at least one study that did a side by side grow/taste test, and if I remembering correctly the participants either couldn’t tell the difference, or even prefered the non flushed buds to the flushed ones. Their conclusion was essentially that flushing doesn’t make for a better smoke, but it doesn’t make it worse, so it may be worth it just to save nutrients for a week or two.

Keith
        Participant

That is how I looked at it about saving the nutrients.  The study was done by a nutrient company.  I have a hard time believing adding nutrients the last 2 weeks is gonna make it taste better. What they did say is it had no effect on size of buds or potency.  And if that’s the case I would rather just save the nutrients

Nate
        Participant

Oh okay, I didn’t know that it was done by a nutrient company. That may make the results slightly less reliable then.

Brad104
      Participant

I posted one earlier on in the forum.I am talking about placing plants in the dark for 24 hours when you flip them to flower

Nate
      Participant

What about mangoes enhancing your high? Has anyone tried that before?

NoWorryLeaf
        Participant

Well a lot of users report that eating a mango before has enhanced the effect, no clinical studies found but common theory is the mangoes contain large amounts of myrcene, a terpene that is also found in cannabis. But if anyone tries it let us know

Atom
      Participant

Myth- it’s just a weed, anyone can grow it!

NeuroticTurtle
      Participant

You’d have to eat an insane amount of well grown, largish mangoes to get enough myrcene to potentiate a high.

“your average cannabis strain contains 2 mg of myrcene per quarter gram whereas an entire mango contains roughly 0.086 mg. That’s over a 23-fold difference! So, if cannabis already contains so much myrcene, how would eating a mango before smoking have any kind of a significant impact?” –

source: https://www.true-blue.co/blogs/news/myrcene-the-mother-of-all-terpenes

Nate
        Participant

Soo….. You’re telling me we need to make mango concentrates? Anybody wanna do some mango dabs?? Lol

NeuroticTurtle
        Participant

you can just pick up some myrcene heavy terp sauce profile from trueterpenes or the true-blue if you really need to experience a myrcene enhanced high and you don’t normally get good weed or forgot what it was like, because you’ve had it before…  IDK about your area, but the dispensaries here almost always have half a dozen myrcene/limonene/caryophyllene bearing strains for comparison in both flower and concentrate.  Anything over 0.5% myrcene would be tasty.

Nate
        Participant

For sure, I was mainly joking about the mango concentrates lol. In Canada the flower tends to be on the drier side when buying from the legal side, although it is getting better as companies figure out the best practices for packaging.

Brad104
      Participant

Great answer @neurotic turtle 🐢

NoWorryLeaf
      Participant

I think when some users have a great experience with food and a joint – it might be scientifically a myth but they still enjoyed the pairing. Why not try anything, besides it is the fun experience of pairing food with joints.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close