Home Forums Lifestyle Old stuff

last updated by Keith 1 year, 6 months ago
4 voices
10 replies
  • Author
      Keith
      Participant

Cannas sports post made me think of this.  Let’s see your oldest stuff.  I’ll start with my coins from the Roman Empire, not the republic though.   I still want one from the Republic

Keith
      Participant

Man I thought people would’ve been all over this.  I really thought old stuff was the best.  I thought we’d have like a weed forum antique show.  As much as I love old things those coins are pretty much all I have.

Atom
        Participant

Dude these are cool af. I have nothing even close to this old, I think the oldest I have is 1909 penny.

I’d say my prized coins are a set of 4 almost mint Kennedy half dollars. My wife at the time was still a CSA and would bring me home cool coins every few months. Well some kid must have stole them from grandpa or something these coins looked like they were minted yesterday. I’m almost positive they took them out of a proof set. There’s a 1964, a 1967, 1970 and a 1986 clad on gold.

1964 is the only year they are 90% silver, and all dates from 65-70 are 40%. I’ve looked at alot of examples, never had them graded but I belive there probably quite high grade.

It’s hard to tell the year or anything else about your coins. What can you tell me about them?

Keith
        Participant

Fuck yeah, that’s a hell of a score. You ever think about getting into metal detecting to look for coins?  I do.  But honestly don’t think it’ll be too great where I’m at.  If I lived in Europe somewhere, that’s all I’d be doing.  I started to get into collecting coins, but it’s a rich man’s interest.

Atom
        Participant

I have actually but only thought about itThe spot where I live is very close to old logging camps. Those MF were always drunk, I’m sure dropping coins and what not. Also I’m about 15 mins away from a famous beach/park on lake Michigan. I’m sure there is lots of rings coins and other valuables on that beach. I’m a petoskey stone hound so I already visit there to look for them. I might actually do that this spring.

I’m no rich man, I just check my change and I’m lucky my wife works with money. All the change and papers money I have collected I either found in my change, or paid face value to exchange it. I’m not lucky enough to have any solid gold ones, a few clad but there not worth much. I do probably have 100$ worth of silver weight. All of it will eventually get passed on to my daughter.

Cannabliss
      Participant

Where’s my yearbook? 🤣

Keith
        Participant

Haha, I know that’s right.  I wonder if the kids still write messages to each other on the blank pages?  I loved that shit.

Cannabliss
        Participant

I miss the old desks. The one with the hinged top that opened a compartment underneath. Drew all types of dirty things in jr high.

Brad104
        Participant

Those coins are super cool,I used to collect stickers and stamps as a young child but that’s been long ago, I do look at my change regularly to see if there’s anything in it worth keeping and as you see I didn’t post a picture bro .

Keith
        Participant

I had my grandfather’s old stamp book for years.  I think it’s still at my parents, but who knows my mom throws everything out.  The exact opposite of my in-laws.  They pay 100$ a month to store junk from their kids childhood in a storage locker.  But that stamp book would be pretty cool to have.  It’s weird to think people used to collect stamps.  We don’t even see them anymore.

Keith
      Participant

I miss being beaten by teachers!  Lol.  The good ol days.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close