Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation Questions about fresh air or ventilation

2 voices
7 replies
  • Author
      Keith
      Participant

If I kept a few plants in a bathroom with a blanket over the doorway instead of closing the door do you think I’d have to have bring in fresh air?   Like if I got another 4″ exhaust fan hooked it up to some  4in duct and pushed air into the room through the duckwork.  It’s a 600sqft bathroom and they’ll have a fan blowing in there.  It’s just temporary.  I need a few more weeks to finish and then dry these autos.   Do you think I need to bring in fresh air into that bathroom?

Somatek
      Participant

As long as the temp/humidity is right then they’ll be fine.  It depends on what you’re using to light them, how much heat that’s adding and the ambient conditions.  So probably but without more context it’s hard to say if you’re setting yourself up for a problem.

Keith
      Participant

I don’t know much of that info either.  It’s a bathroom right off the room the tents set up in.  But there’s blankets between doorways and I don’t know what the temps and rh are.  I was going to set up a hygrometer in there tonight and try to get an idea.  I think it should be okay on heat bc the days haven’t been getting too hot.  It’ll just be for a few weeks, hopefully.  I think they should be okay.  I appreciate the advice.

Somatek
        Participant

I’m always happy to help come up with creative solutions, I assume you’re talking about that auto that just won’t stop flowering?  If that’s the case you don’t even need to worry about light leaks.

Keith
        Participant

It’s an endgame x grampas stash and 2 runtz x zkittles from ethos.  I kinda planned these autos and the photos to finish around the same time then dry and then the next round will be about 4-5 weeks along.  But the damn autos won’t finish.  I had them all in the same closet until I had to pot up to 5 gal.  Then I just brought them inside for what I thought would be another week or 2.  Now they’ve been inside over 3 weeks and the room they’re in stinks like herb.  Plus they’re 7 weeks along.  They need to flower.  I absolutely cannot do that inside my house.  The bathroom in the back building is the only place I have.  Writing this out has got me thinking though.  Lemme think some things out and I’m gonna run some things by you and see what you think.

Somatek
        Participant

Welcome to the joy of growing seeds and the randomness that entails without knowing when plants will finish or how to schedule things to move through your rooms efficiently.  That’s why half my garden is production of my Mom’s to meet my needs, the other half is seeds grown for fun, breeding or looking for specific plants to round out my mother selection.

I’m looking forward to hearing whatever thoughts have been inspired once you get them straight in your head.

Keith
        Participant
        • This is a lot, in not sure I’ll be able to explain it well enough.  My plan is to put together the 5×8 tent as soon as everything is finished and dried.  But I began to think that my drying set up isn’t necessarily all that great now that the nights have gotten so cold.  What’s happening is at night the ac stops blowing cold air conditioner air and starts recirculating the warm air put out by the dehu.  It got up to the lower 70s° for a night or 2 while it was like 50° outside.  I figured out I didn’t even need to use the dehu and some fans helped to fix it.  The problem here is the days are warm enough that you need an ac.  But then the nights you need a heater.  I want to put this tent together now and just figure out another way to dry.  I have another window in the room and what I was thinking was I could use my ac infinity with the controller and during the nights I could stick it out the window to suck in cold air until it hits 61° in the tent for drying.  The dehu will be inside the tent controlling the rh.  But I don’t think it’ll have to run too much.  During the days when it gets warm out and the building heats up I take the duct out of the window, close the window or take whatever I make to hold the ductwork out and then just drop it in the lung room.  Which will be controlled by the inkbird and ac.  The ac infinity will suck in cold air from either outside or inside it shouldn’t matter.  I honestly think that would work.
        Somatek
        Participant

That makes perfect sense as a way to handle the conditions/temp swings as long as you’re consistently around to make the switch in the morning/at night.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close