last updated by Atom 1 year, 3 months ago
7 voices
87 replies
  • Author
      Cannabliss
      Participant

Any music lovers?

Anyone play any tunes for their plants?

If there’s anyone else out there like me when indoors I like to play a little music for them. Not so heavy on the bass because I’ve noticed it bumps my perlite up to the top of the pot 😅

Cannabliss
      Participant

Cannabliss
      Participant

Cannabliss
      Participant

Cannabliss
      Participant

Brad104
      Participant

I’m a metal head bro, I be jamming my girls out with white zombie, Marilyn Manson and Metallica also Alice in chains Soundgarden and mother love bone for I am part of the grunge era movement! Class of 94 yeah

Atom
        Participant

I play my girls music daily. I am a lead guitar player, not currently in any band but I play every single day, every chance I get. Play alot of iron maiden, AC/DC, Metallica, Sacred Reich. But I also love blue stuff. Stevie Ray, bb king, zz top. Basically if it has a guitar solo I’m into it. 

Keith
        Participant

Did you ever listen to soulfly? I always liked them a lot.

Brad104
        Participant

That’s what is up bro.I love guitar solos and am into maiden the trooper is a classic and I love the bon era high voltage rock n roll.Also now my two favorite guitarists are zakk Wylde and John 5 !!!

Keep pulling those strings and growing that good grass bro! @adammarsh

Atom
        Participant

Zak gana play with Pantera soon. I never got to see dime play and he is my idle. I did get to see Vinnie with hell yeah.

Atom
        Participant

As long as I have fingers ill be playing. It just energizes me, only way I can explain it is when you hear that bass ass song and something inside you gets excited. It’s like that 10x, almost like a drug tbh

Brad104
        Participant

Hey Adam marsh @adammarsh. I didn’t get to see hell yeah but I did see the original Pantera back in 88 on the cowboys from hell tour.It was awesome dude. Dime is or excuseme was a untouchable guitarist.and definitely will be honored forever.I also I think 💬 He will or should be remembered the same as Randy Rhodes forever! Me and you Adam could really be friends, on the streets as well.

Atom
        Participant

He will always be remembered as a badass mofo in my book. Randy is another badass. I can play some ozzy stuff, not like him obviously but I’m ok I’d say. Can’t touch dime way to fast. That guy is a f’n god.

Atom
        Participant

BACK TO THE PRIMATIVE!

Keith
        Participant

Fuck all your politics.

Atom
        Participant

We got a life to live, the way we Wana live it!

Keith
        Participant

I think son song is my favorite on the album.  I’ve seen them twice in concert and both times they got someone from the audience in stage to sing parts of songs.  The first time was this 13 year kid.  After he was done he stage dived.  It was pretty cool.

Keith
        Participant

I grew up listening to punk rock, but was in the hippie scene bc of where I grew up.  I just never enjoyed the jam bands that much.  There’s really not a huge difference of the thoughts and opinions between a punk rocker and a hippie.  What differs is their approach to those opinions.

Somatek
        Participant

Now I’ll have “I want to be a hippy” stuck in my head all day…  Thanks for that, so now everyone can suffer through some UK speedcore…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmYi5u9BhtI

Keith
        Participant

I never saw this reply.  I’m just a bit younger but still grew up in the same decade.  Marilyn Manson was my first concert.  Parents forbade me to go but I snuck out and went anyways.  All this bands you named I loved.  ASTRO creep 2000 was one of the first albums I bought.  Along with soundgarden, stp, and nirvana.  I loved growing up in the 90’s.  We had the best fucking acid!

NeuroticTurtle
      Participant

…So playing music FOR the plants is good and all, but what about the music they produce?   Anyone try the https://plantchoir.com/ on a pot plant?

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Taak21Z-A88

apparently they used similar techniques to make the audio in this vid.

Keith
        Participant

Dude I use high powered listening devices at work.  I bet I could bring one home and listen to what’s going on inside the plants.

Cannabliss
        Participant

Keep us posted. This has me so brain fk’d lol I want my plants to sing to me 🙌🏼😍

Nate
        Participant

There’s a YouTube I watch that did a similar thing with electrical inputs from plants into a modular synthesis setup to make ambient music. He attaches the setup to a houseplant at 9:40 in this video: https://youtu.be/mmWK4pnlfjE

Nate
        Participant

Also, here’s the full song on his second channel: https://youtu.be/O6qUMTEfuKs

NeuroticTurtle
      Participant

found another one: https://youtu.be/FgXkka7dtLg?t=97 using the older midisprout tech.

Cannabliss
        Participant

My plants still don’t sound like Mariah Carey 😂😂😂

I’m working on it lol

NeuroticTurtle
      Participant

hmm, edit button likes to disappear, else I’d just edit my previous post…. but I found another cannabis music album:

https://www.plantwave.com/blog/an-album-made-with-cannabis-plants

and the unit is only like 300 usd… makes me wonder what could be achieved with gentle edits to the base tones the plant makes.   I dimly recall hearing about bird noises stimulating hormonal responses in some plants, kinda like Sonic Bloom ‘fertilizer’ is supposed to, but I haven’t dug up the research papers lately.  Would be cool to maybe play some late flower recordings and stimulate portions of the life cycle early.

Anyone ever mess with stuff like this?

Cannabliss
        Participant

This is so interesting. I’m definitely going to watch more of those & look into it.

Keith
      Participant

I’ve. Never played music for the plants.  Never thought about it.  My damn electric bills so high I don’t know that I can afford to pay music for them, lol.

Cannabliss
        Participant

Oh man do I feel your pain on this one. I set up a greenhouse to make up for the tents I needed to take down to remain in budget.

Keith
        Participant

Right!

Atom
      Participant

Cannabliss
      Participant

Morning all.  Nice day to paint a house lol  See ya’ll this evening!

NeuroticTurtle
      Participant

been jammin out to this one since back in the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEYjbHNoJRw

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by NeuroticTurtle. Reason: edit, embed didn't work
      Keith
      Participant

Anyone listen to nofx?  They catch a lot of shit in the punk rock scene but they make really great music.  Good lyrics.

Atom
        Participant

I did a little back I’m the day. I was a Lil punk skater was a teen

Keith
        Participant

I was a hippie teen who listened to punk rock music, lol.  I grew up near a venue/campground that was famous for drugs and music.  It was called Nelson’s Ledges.  It was a hippie hangout and we were there every weekend.  But I never liked the music.  Was hoping if I mentioned Nelson’s ledges someone would recognize it.  It was pretty famous amongst the hippie circles.

Atom
      Participant

Brad104
      Participant

Black Sabbath. Sweet leaf

💯💯💯💯💯

You can never go wrong with Ozzy and sabbath

Atom
        Participant

Here ya go fellow metal head. You’ve probably heard this version but still badass

Atom
        Participant

Atom
      Participant

NeuroticTurtle
      Participant

a modern classic, for the…. banjo?

NeuroticTurtle
      Participant

found a one man band a couple vids later

Atom
        Participant

Altho im an avid rocker, I listen to both of these bands. Cam Cole is a f’n master one man band.

Atom
      Participant

Playing the girls a little motorhead while they get a drink this morning.

NeuroticTurtle
      Participant

anyone like them slower, bass heavier tracks?

apologies for the preview image, lol, its the best upload of the DJSNT version I could find.

and some complimentary mustard to round out this post:

Brad104
        Participant

Replying to @atom  Lemme kilmiester was fucking awesome dude! He will always be remembered by true metal heads ! Stone dead forever!! They have so so so many great ones besides stone dead forever just a few more off the top of my head 💣 bomber, overkill God was never on your side! Alongside years and years worth more.I knee there was a reason I like you my dude!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Brad104.
      NeuroticTurtle
      Participant

okay just one more favorite then I gotta go blaze, yet another genre for the thread…. classical!   okay classical with bass.   Sorry ’bout the perlite migration.

Keith
      Participant

Don’t you guys use Spotify?  This is the first song I ever played for my son.  He was like 10 minutes old.  He pretty much just cried, which is how I knew he loved it.  Now I cry almost every time I hear the song.  Also there’s the Zelda nostalgia too.

Keith
      Participant

This was the song that got me into electronic music for a year.

Cannabliss
      Participant

Keith
      Participant

Keith
      Participant

Not sure if you’ve ever listen to Lorde, but she’s incredibly talented very good writer and song writer.

https://open.spotify.com/track/7ARveOiD31w2Nq0n5FsSf8?si=UOYmFwY3QvGFLGhvlp9GMg&utm_source=copy-link

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Keith.
      Keith
      Participant

This was from the Amazon show The Expanse.  It was pretty decent.  I would’ve watched more.  It had like 5 or 6 seasons.

Keith
      Participant

This is a piano version of an electronic song.  It’s pretty damn good if you like piano stuff.

Keith
      Participant

Keith
      Participant

Keith
      Participant

Again if you like piano music this song is absolutely beautiful.

Brad104
        Participant

I liked them the first time I hear were eagles dare

I ain’t no goddamn son of a bitch!

Somatek
      Participant

Starting today off with the Matron of Indigenous music, Buffy Sainte Marie.  Sometimes you just need to hear some throat singing to start the day…

<iframe src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/o5zb0WTSLsY” width=”560″ height=”314″ allowfullscreen=”allowfullscreen”></iframe>

lol here’s the link as the embed video only works in the preview apparently…

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Somatek.
      Somatek
      Participant

Gotta follow that up with some Tribe Called Red to keep groving through the days jobs.  I highly suggest seeing them live if you ever get the chance, the Halluci Nation always put on a good show.

<iframe src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/WdD2ASSyypE” width=”560″ height=”314″ allowfullscreen=”allowfullscreen”></iframe>

At least it’s consistently not working lol, here’s the link

Somatek
      Participant

Why not finish the day with some Venetian Snares “Ghetto Body Buddy” to lean into the ADHD….

Keith
      Participant

Keith
      Participant

Keith
      Participant

I think this song is about heroin, but let me know if you know any different

Keith
      Participant

I am road tripping right now

Keith
      Participant

Keith
      Participant

Keith
      Participant

Brad104
      Participant

My girls and I will be listening to Dave mustain shred it from the so far so good so what Megadeth album one of my favorites it and peace sells but who’s buying, The conjuring is that jam I’m more of a Metallica fan,but I can jam some Megadeth too! and I do ha ha 😅

Keith
        Participant

That’s how I know you’re only just a decade older than me.

Brad104
        Participant

I’m a 46 year old man my friend I was born in 76 bro so now you will know alright my friend @keith

Keith
        Participant

I was born in 82

Atom
      Participant

Keith
      Participant

Keith
      Participant

Keith
      Participant

Keith
      Participant

Keith
      Participant

Keith
      Participant

Atom
      Participant

Dont fuck around with them country boys 💪

Brad104
        Participant

I know that is right, you never catch me out the house without my 9 or 45

Aron Lewis crushed that song bro              and of course come again by Staind.

Also @atom what do you know about C.O.C.        CORROSION OF CONFORMITY.        13,ANGELS , ALBATROSS JUST TO NAME A COUPLE

ALSO LAST BUT DEFINITELY NOT LEAST  DOWN.       N.O.L.A.            STONE THE CROW.

IF YOU CAN’T TELL I LIKE PHIL ANSELMO and then other Louisiana boys and I also dig pepper Keenan he’s bad ass on the 6 string axe too.

Atom
        Participant

I’ve heard of most of those bands. I realky want to go see Pantera if I get the chance. I’m not a huge Phil fan I have to admit. What he said about dime is bullshit and I hope he feels guilty every day that he possibly contributed to he’s murder. I understand he was all fd up into drugs and whatever but you were brothers how could he say that about him?

I have a very open mind when it comes to music. I’m not a huge rap fan but there is some I like. I’m definitely a rock and roller but I’m not afraid to admit I like some country and even classical music. Variety is the spice of life

Brad104
      Participant

i know that is right bro, I am a rocket as well, I like the older country like Johnny cash and Hank Waylon and Willie you know that was country to me this new country is like I don’t know some kind of soft rock and I definitely understand why you don’t like Phil for he’s an asshole for certain, the Abbott brothers definitely were Pantera I’m lucky I saw them on the cowboys from hell tour in 88.                 Primal concrete sledge.        They just bring it dude,my blood is starting to pump just thinking about it ha 😅 b safe as always bro 

Atom
      Participant

Atom
      Participant

Topic tags

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close