Home Forums Grow Journal Uh, how about a buds to dry sift to rosin journal?

last updated by Atom 1 year, 4 months ago
2 voices
3 replies
  • Author
      IamN2pot
      Participant

I ran across these 200 micron “paint strainers” on Amazon a few months ago and bought one. They work great and are soooo much more economical than the large aluminum framed silk screens for doing drysift. Today I was thinking about doing some more seiving today and thought it would be nice to get a smaller micron screen to seive out the smaller trichomes and contaminates. Well, turns out they are sold on Walmart.com as well, and in more micron sizes than on Amazon. So if you’ve been wanting to make some full melt dry sift, but couldn’t afford the large $$$ screens, try the 200 micron if you want to make rosin or full melt hash and add the 50 micron to get into the really clean full melt realm of hash.

Happy seiving!!!  …and here are some pictures of some rosin I recently made from drysift I made with the 200 micron ‘paint strainer’.  YUM!!!!!!!!!

On Amazon here.

On Walmart here.

Atom
      Participant

<p style=”padding-left: 40px;”>Nice, looks pretty terpy how’d it vape? I like the press what size plates?</p>

IamN2pot
        Participant

extreemly terpy. The wife even commented on how good it smelled and she doesn’t smoke. THe press is a Dulytek 7 ton V5. If you go to the website, it only has the V4 listed and I do NOT recomend buying one of those. I only got one of the newest V5 models after going through 6 warrantied out bottle jacks on the V4. The V5 has a redesigned press and bottle jack and it’s holding up, so far. If I had it all to do over, I would go with the 10 ton dabpress and add the hand pump with it’s PSI gauge.  Much nicer overall setup IMHO!

Atom
        Participant

This post got me thinking if there was an upgraded version of the press I use, there is but I found these dry sift boxes on there site. They are pretty reasonable at 13$, 3 different sizes to choose and they all stack together with magnets. Wanted to share my find.

Rosineer Bamboo Pollen Sifter, 175 Micron Stainless Steel Mesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close