Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation What do you do for IPM?

last updated by Keith 1 year, 6 months ago
3 voices
8 replies
  • Author
      Keith
      Participant

I’ve done nothing do far but feel like maybe I’ve just gotten lucky with no bugs.  I really feel like I should be proactive about pests.

Brad104
      Participant

Believe it or not Neem oil is what I use for pretty much everything big, fungi and mold related.The stuff is my go to first for real.I personally like Neem oil.Ive had great results with it bro.

Keith
        Participant

Do you use it as a preventative or when you have a problem?

Brad104
      Participant

When I have a problem,I’m always if it doesn’t need fixing you know the rest my friend I wish you the best

Keith
        Participant

That’s how I’ve been but I’d be devastated if I got pests.  I’m thinking I’ll prob do some preventive.

Brad104
      Participant

Hey that’s why this forum is great to each there own,in the end it’s up to us to decide if something someone else says isn’t necessarily the same thing you believe is right 👍 I just offer as honestly what I have personaly done and experienced bro, and from then on it’s up to the individual right.Im just getting at I don’t pre treat for bug’s but who am I to say that it’s wrong you get me .I enjoy talking to all of you guys.I will be doing quite a few things differently now because of you guys and spider farmer forum, believe that.I appreciate you though @keith

Keith
        Participant

I’m not sure yet what I’ll do.  I don’t like the thought of spraying the plants with anything.  I gotta do some more research.

Somatek
      Participant

I mention the weekly spray I use as a preventative as part of my IPM in this thread about properly mixing oils for home made sprays.

To get into more detail at this time of year with the temps dropping and bugs looking for warm rooms to move into, not to mentino PM spores all around, I do a weekly spray as a preventative to keep my room clean until winter.  Once it’s frozen outside, no pests in sight and spores out of the air; I’ll stop as I find there’s no need until the spring when I’ll start up again as pathogens start the next years cycle.

On top of sprays as part of my IPM  I consider all possible contamination points and eliminate them.  For example I usually shower before gardening and then work in fresh underwear so I know I’m not carrying any bugs/spores in on my clothes/skin.  Plus it’s more comfortable as I don’t do well in the heat lol.

Ideally I try to have filters on my intake fans but I currently don’t.  If I’m harvesting outdoors I’ll put tanglefoot on the drying lines so any mites trying to walk off get stuck and can’t infest my room.  I have no problem using permethrin (long acting synthetic form of pyrethrums) around door ways between crops to form barriers deterring pests.  Using microbial innoculants or activated compost tea in my case is another element of IPM to reduce pathogen pressure, removing dead plant matter regularly and composting it separately from the grow is another example.  IPM covers a bunch of cultural practices around keeping rooms clean and sterile from pathogens, not just the pesticides used on crops.

Keith
        Participant

I’ll go check that thread out now.  That was all very good info.  There was a lot to learn in there.  I try not to go back their either unless I’m clean.  I didn’t think about the weather making bugs want to come in but it makes perfect sense.   I’ll go check out that spray now.  Thanks for the reply.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close