Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation Strains?

2 voices
3 replies
  • Author
      Racky
      Participant

What is a super short but bushy strain? Im looking for something that has potent flowers but stay short and bushy. I just did a Bruce Banner and had luck keeping it squatty. It only grew to 48 inches

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Somatek
      Participant

Sensi Star is short but not bushy, the two rarely go together though as short plants usually have more apical dominance and restrict branches from growing, plants with low apical dominance that want to grow bushy tend to have longer internodes so the plants don’t end shading themselves.

That said some S1 seeds seem to fit your bill; the Jean Guy S1 mom I grow has very tight nodes and branches a lot but that makes it a hard plant to grow and not great for beginners as it needs selective pruning to help it grow.

For an easy plant I’d look more for something that doesn’t stretch to much in flower as that’s were beginners often run into problems.

Racky
      Participant

Yeah right now im dealing with the stretch of green crack. So far so good, staying short and nodes are close together. Have also been maintaining lights out temp/humidity as lights on temps and humidity.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
        Somatek
        Participant

There you go, learning and trying new things to control your grow!

Another thing I didn’t mention is to cut out any products with auxins or cytokines (I’m looking at you kelp) as those both tell the plant to stretch and grow which isn’t what we want.

Then it really does come down to finding the right varieties that have a manageable stretch when flipped; look at grow reports of varieties you’re interested in or ask the breeders what the stretch is like but it really just comes down to experience and growing out a bunch of different things to see how varied the results are and finding varieties that are easy to grow.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close