Home Forums Q&A They took my points and told me I was cheating bc my friends liked my posts Reply To: They took my points and told me I was cheating bc my friends liked my posts

Somatek
Participant

That’s the difference, I could care less if someone is a friend or not I like posts when there’s quality info in it that should be rewarded.

The problem with liking friends posts to help them win is it encourages and rewards spamming, not quality content that benefits everyone.  My understanding of the points system was to encourage quality content while discouraging spamming, with likes being a way to reward useful posts that help the community.  If friends are liking any post to help their friend win then it becomes a popularity contest about how has more friends, which doesn’t build a healthy long term community.  It creates another RIU, ICmag or other typical forum where popularity is more relevant then content.  Which is boring as they get filled with people posting bro science for validation despite the confusion it causes.  Those are communities I check when I’m bored and have nothing to do but wouldn’t be a community I’d actively be engaged in.  Which is the opportunity I see here; to create a different community where quality of info is more important then being popular

New Report

Close