Forums

Home Forums Q&A They took my points and told me I was cheating bc my friends liked my posts

3 voices
7 replies
  • Author
      Keith
      Participant

I don’t understand how it’s cheating to get 7 people signs up for the forum and then those 7 people like mine and others stuff.  How did I break any rules?  200 points a day from likes it says.  Now they changed it to 50.  Maybe you guys can help me understand how I cheated?

Somatek
      Participant

If those 7 people are just liking your posts and no one else’s definitely suspect or biased at the very least. Do you think likes should be given because you know the person and want them to win the light or do you think likes should be given for quality of content posted?:

Is this a popularity contest or was it suppose to get people posting engaging content that helps people learn to grow better?

Keith
        Participant

Well yes obviously I thought likes should be given to friends bc you want them to win the contest.  That person wouldn’t have even been in the forum if it wasn’t for me.  Again, I don’t see anything wrong with that.

Somatek
        Participant

That’s the difference, I could care less if someone is a friend or not I like posts when there’s quality info in it that should be rewarded.

The problem with liking friends posts to help them win is it encourages and rewards spamming, not quality content that benefits everyone.  My understanding of the points system was to encourage quality content while discouraging spamming, with likes being a way to reward useful posts that help the community.  If friends are liking any post to help their friend win then it becomes a popularity contest about how has more friends, which doesn’t build a healthy long term community.  It creates another RIU, ICmag or other typical forum where popularity is more relevant then content.  Which is boring as they get filled with people posting bro science for validation despite the confusion it causes.  Those are communities I check when I’m bored and have nothing to do but wouldn’t be a community I’d actively be engaged in.  Which is the opportunity I see here; to create a different community where quality of info is more important then being popular

Brad104
      Participant

I think that it’s spider farmer forum and they have already sanctioned myself and @keith so who are you to say anything about anything if you’re going to work for spider farmer,then you shouldn’t be in the contest,

Brad104
        Participant

Bro that’s a total bogus post you have won prizes from RIU,so how can you say you only go on there when 🥱

Somatek
        Participant

I posted one comment on the philizon thread and won the light for having the best tip, get over your paranoia as any more negative comments and I’m done; I’ll actively start trying to win to show you the difference between me responding to peoples questions vs trying to win this stupid contest you’re fixated on.  I have a mailing list with over 75 grower email addressses from the pot socials I use to run, there’s the shop filled with co-workers I can tap into, personal growers that owe me favours after years of giving them advice.  This would be easy to win if I wanted to, I’ve told people for weeks that I’d rather see you or Keith win as you two clearly need the light more.  You’re just making yourself look bad at this point @Brad104; push me farther if you want to lose the light…

Brad104
      Participant

I’m done soma I don’t wish to fight bro we got along for 29 days what can I do to stop this between us I will hush as I do need it I’m done soma I will not say another word about you or to you ok if you don’t wish me to ask you anything else that is up to you I would appreciate it if you would let me win it,so I’m done you won’t hear anything else from me alright if you are not ok it’s over by me ok

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close