Home Forums Lifestyle Any FAM collectors out there?

3 voices
20 replies
  • Author
      Somatek
      Participant

Who else is equally addicted to collecting glass wear to enjoy their tokes with some added class?  Here’s my small collection, mostly local or Canadian artists.

The slides (aka bowls), a couple dry pipes and the fancy dry ashcatcher.

And the dabbing gear; a couple HMK dab rigs, one of his old school vape swings (the bowl is in the last pic), carb caps, dabbers and a dirty ass banger that needs to be flame cleaned.  I’ve got a couple other pieces, like the 22″ hand blown HMK beaker that’s my daily driver or the Pied Piper/Greenbelt collab and matching dabber/cap I had made to complete the set and pendies but another day as it’s supper time now.

Somatek
      Participant

Sorting pics on my computer I can across this snap of Azog and his All Seeing Eye; probably the most valuable piece in my collection.  It’s a collaboration between Krznski, McNolglass and Lord Kramdar (who named it) with the spinning terp pearl from Millie Malachi.  Definitely not for sale as it’s only 1 of 2 terp pearl spinners Krznski made (I also own the other one, they were too much hassle to make so he switched to making marble spinners since they’re bigger/easier), this bowl was a present from the three of them out of appreciation for hooking them up with a bunch of bud after their studio was broken into and robbed.

There was also a pic of this pendent from Yougo Boro glass that I picked up at the Flower and Flame show at Culture Rising a couple years ago.  It was a second he was wearing and offered to trade to me for some Bogglegum as it happened to be a personal fav of his.  You can see the millie chunk wasn’t quite big enough to fill the lower right corner but it’s still one of my favourite pendies, along with my Malachi Thanos pendy which is very cool as the lens over the millie distorts it perfectly so it looks like the eyes are following you whoever you turn it.

Somatek
      Participant

A shot of my daily driver, my 22″ Hash Masta Kut beaker.  Plus a booty shot, hard to make out but it has his name and “flower power” written on the base radiating out from the center.  This is his first and biggest beaker to date, absolute pleasure to hit for those monster tokes…

Somatek
      Participant

A chonky CFL dot stack that really shifts and a Greenbelt Glass tentacle bowl that’s one of my favourite colour combo’s.

Brad104
      Participant

Dude you have an amazing collection there.I would like to smoke an ,oz  out of every single piece before I would be able to tell you which is my favorite! I would probably go with the pinwheels that you have 2 of only 2 those are immaculate bro!

Brad104
        Participant

I like the one in the first picture with the blue horn is kinda what it looks to me like but it’s a great piece.

Somatek
      Participant

It’s a modest collection, Krznski and Swears are probably the most well known artists, maybe Korey Cotnam as his retti work is incredible, I’ll find a pic of mine and post it.

Brad104
      Participant

I’d definitely be interested in seeing it if you post it later on, that is why I am comenting back in hopes that you don’t forget to show myself and others who are interested in this picture 🖼️.

Thanks again

Somatek
        Participant

Here’s the piece I mentioned before I got busy working after buggering my hand up.  The line work in the bowl (red, blue, black lines) are what’s called retti (retticello properly) as they’re all melted into the glass as part of the prep to make the piece.  Finally a shot of my poly bowl (I bought this bowl as it’s the colours of the polyamorous flag) and polysaurus pin

Brad104
      Participant

The polysaurus pin , and the matching bowl is definitely my favorite.The pin stripes worked inside of the glass is spot on, and I bet a strong pull off of it will take your head off as well.I do appreciate the share bro.

Somatek
        Participant

The retti line work is on the outside, not interior of the bowl.  Glad you enjoyed as it’s always a pleasure sharing.

Somatek
      Participant

I can take some pics of my Swears collab with Kaji and Jan or my Krynski bowls when I have a chance, I didn’t see any in the pics I’ve organized so far.

Brad104
        Participant

Thanks for clearing that up as I thought it was in the glass but nevertheless it’s an exceptional bowl my  friend.Thats for sure, good luck with everything in your life bro

Brad104
      Participant

That definitely sounds good, don’t put yourself out or anything,but I would definitely enjoy seeing them.I have had several nice ones throughout the years but either broke them by dropping them or something like that.But I would love to have another that just take your head off every time you pull on it and I would also like it to have certain characters about it ,like that one with the wire in the paint.I just think that looks amazing and when you pull something like that out to smoke with,it’s a definite conversation peice.Also I will be checking back on the thread to see if you remember to post the others once you get a chance to ,so thanks again in advance

Somatek
      Participant

Glass breaking is part of collecting it, enjoy them while you can as most likely eventually they’ll get broken and be gone.  Which are you referring to with this comment?

“ike that one with the wire in the paint”

I collect glass to support the artists more then anything, I share them to promote their work as equally important members of the community, which is also why I don’t sell/trade my pieces but simply collect them.  Most people do collect FAM more for the flex though and as either conversation starters or to signify their passion for pot.

Brad104
        Participant

Sorry I didn’t mention it before, I was referring to the polysaurus the one with the lines and the polysaurus pin beside it , but it is all a nice collection.I own 2 , I wish I could get like a good super toker water bong , Have a great rest of your weekend and happy Halloween 🎃🎃

Thanks again @somatek  I know you are a good person to know and talk problems over with,I hope that we can still have some discussions later on in the coming months. I apologize to you for everything @somatek

Atom
      Participant

Have you seen some of the crazy shit they have for puffco. I only have the stock glass but been eyeing a basic recycler for it. The last price I have to upgrade. The only thing I have that would compare slightly to what you got going in is a fadespace stier+ insert and a space walk joystick carb cap.

Somatek
        Participant

Weirdly inserts are something I’ve never picked up even though they’re lovely for cold start dabs.  Partly because I’ve never invested in a quality banger and just use cheap China quartz ones that I don’t care how chazed they get.

There’s definitely a lot of options for puffco’s now, I just saw that a local artist I follow, Greenbelt Glass, has started making them.  Any ideas who you’re going to get a recycler from?

Atom
        Participant

Nah not sure where. It’s mostly a dream item atm. Can’t see investing in unnecessary thing with the state of things right now.

Somatek
        Participant

Yeah, hard to justify spending on luxury items when the cost of food is skyrocketing along with everything else.  I had to stop myself from ordering a new bong last night as a local blower made some lovely, classically shaped bongs (rounded bubble bottom instead of the more popular scientific beaker shape) that I’ve always loved and were reasonably priced at $200-300.  Luckily I remembered I’m broke as a joke but not nearly as funny and shut that down quickly lol.  I’ll waste money on buying clones like a responsible adult lol

Somatek
      Participant

Sorry, I just realized I lied as I may buy a bowl from Intent Glass as he just posted last night on IG that he cut through a tenon on his hand with his torch last night and was waiting for surgery and would be selling off some pieces to cover bills.  I was looking at a cute bowl with a pizza slice for a handle that I may pick up to support him.  I was deeply emphatic as a fellow gimp with a useless hand due to my own stupidity…

Topic tags

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close