Home Forums Grow Journal Auto Flower documented grow with clones

7 voices
41 replies
  • Author
      Cannabliss
      Participant

Hi Growmies.

I’m going to show you  how I went about cloning an auto flower. I will show pics from beginning to end. I believe I still may have harvest pics.

Cannabliss
      Participant

Cannabliss
      Participant

Strain is Blueberry420 Auto By Amsterdam Marijuana seeds. Pic was taken just after pruning & doing a little LST training

NoWorryLeaf
        Participant

On what day of the mother did you cut the clone?

Cannabliss
      Participant

I used Root riot cubes inverted into the seed starter trays to keep them out of the puddle of water I leave in the bottom of my humidity dome.

I poked holes in the bottom to slide the cuts through.

Cannabliss
      Participant

I cut at an angle prior to dipping in Rooting gel.

Cannabliss
      Participant

I have heard since this that pouring a little of the gel out in a cup & dipping in that is best. Discarding the excess. What I’m doing here can contaminate the bottle of clone gel.

I used Clonex btw.

Cannabliss
      Participant

Cannabliss
      Participant

Cannabliss
      Participant

Pics above all taken on 11/02/20

Below is a pic at 11/08/20

So after 6 days in the dome we have roots.

Brad104
      Participant

Damn dude this is awesome, this has been a question on my mind for a minute.Now I know you rooted grew and harvested it.My question is how many days if any did you loose if any. What I’m saying is did clones get finished when the mother did or do they grow the same time after root as they do from seed,say it gets done 65 days from planting seed  how many days after rooting did it take to finish and did it get finished in shorter time since it was taken from a mother auto plant.Sorry for the questions but you done it and I would much rather hear from someone who has done what I’m inquiring about than someone who has only written a thesis on it or read about it in a book 📚 you know where I am coming from bro

Cannabliss
        Participant

The mom ended up finishing at the same time the clone I kept in the solo cup finished.

2 of the 4 clones were kept, the other 2 I ditched because of space.

I’m unsure if I actually lost any days. When the mom started to stretch, the clone was just getting transplanted.

I am going to keep it coming with pics as well as explanations. I’m not leaving you guys with just this… (I fell asleep early last night 😆 )  We’re taking the journal all the way til harvest.

Somatek
        Participant

Fun experiment although you’ve already illustrated why we don’t clone auto’s as they’ll finish at the same time as the mom regardless so we can’t keep plants in a vegetative state.  I wonder how long until someone tries to due a tissue sample of an autoflower as theoretically you could culture plantlets in a totipotent state and then initiate rooting to produce a constant supply of consistent autoflowering plants which would be ideal for outdoor growers.  Although I don’t know enough about micropropagation yet to know if that’s theoretically possible or just a mistaken assumption.

Anyway, kudos for experimenting and sharing your results as that’s what makes this hobby great.

Cannabliss
        Participant

One of the clones went a couple weeks beyond the mom, and the bud structure was completely different.

2 differences between the pair of clones that I kept are 1 stayed in a cup, and the other went into a 1gallon pot with mykoz.

NoWorryLeaf
        Participant

Did you experience any stress on the clone transplant….. some say you shouldn’t transplant auto’s

Cannabliss
      Participant

This is the Mom on 11/11 getting into her stretch w/pistils showing.

(9 days after clones were taken)

Somatek
      Participant

That doesn’t surprise me as pot has a lot of phenotypic plasticity, so how it expresses depends on how it’s grow.  Since cloning fundamentally affects the hormone distribution it makes sense the growth will look different.  My brains trying to figure out how you could actually test the effects of cloning an auto with any level of controlling the variables to actually test how it affects the yield/quality of the mother.

Cannabliss
        Participant

That makes a lot of sense. I grew Dream Wedding by mass growers connection & gave cuts to a friend. I grew in soil, he grew in octopots. His bud structure was completely different. It looked very odd.

Brad104
      Participant

Great post @cannabliss I am going to enjoy watching it till the end,and may I say . Damn fine job there bro as always

Cannabliss
        Participant

Thanks. I have all the content, I just try to explain stuff rather than spam a bunch of pics. I’m about to get some more up in a sec.

Unholyfire
      Participant

Cool experiment. See a few others do this with about the same results.

Keith
      Participant

This is cool, I will use this to help when I try to clone.  Been thinking about doing it soon.  I just have so many seeds t want to grow.  Maybe I’ll wait to see what I like the best and try to clone it.

Cannabliss
        Participant

I know the struggle man. I have at least 100+ strains.. I wanted them all at the time I got them individually, or in bulk.. but These things may outlive me lol  I started cloning, and keeping my thug pug cut. I literally have 4 cuts in different stages of veg & 1 in flower right now. I show more of it, in my tiny tent thread, as well as a few others I’ve been running.

Keith
        Participant

I’ll head over there now, I don’t know how you can take care of so many all at once,I can barely handle 4.

Cannabliss
      Participant

Clones on 12/4

I only ended up keeping 1 cup (Gave the other away)

I also cut 1 plant out of the 1gal.

I kept 2 to finish.

The flowering plant in the back is the mother. About 3 weeks into flower already while the cuts remain in veg, but are starting to stretch.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Cannabliss.
      Cannabliss
      Participant

This is 20 days later 12/24

The cup is in the back on a box to get closer to the light.

Bud structure on the 1gal plant is massive.

NoWorryLeaf
        Participant

How did you keep them in Veg?

Brad104
        Participant

I do wish to try an auto run it’s just gonna be a minute but I do love the idea here

Cannabliss
      Participant

Cannabliss
      Participant

Finished shot of the mother. She went 9.5 weeks in flower.

NoWorryLeaf
        Participant

Now I am really exited to trying my clone on Autoflower

Brad104
        Participant

I do wish to try an auto run it’s just gonna be a minute but I do love the idea of autos I’ve just never got my arms around them if you know what I am saying!

Cannabliss
      Participant

12/29

12/29

Cannabliss
      Participant

1/21 prior to chop.

1/21

NoWorryLeaf
        Participant

Wow that is just amazing

NoWorryLeaf
      Participant

What was you dried harvest yield? An comparing to the mother’s yield?

Cannabliss
        Participant

Thanks. I was just typing that part of this thread out, lol. But the notification said you commented 7hrs ago. 😳 Glitch in the matrix 😂

Cannabliss
      Participant

The cup was harvested on 1/13 Total 7g dried

The 1gal pot was 73g dry, and the mom was 133g dry

7.5oz total all from the 1 auto seed. I’m calling that a win.

Cloning can be done with Autos/ruderalis strains. I believe it’s all on how much time you have during veg/how soon you can get a cut to root before flower. I can imagine t he cut will continue into flower once she’s already engaged. 

NoWorryLeaf
      Participant

Wow – dare say that clone harvest of an autoflower that some don’t always get with photo. Well done. I am sure gonna save this topic.

Brad104
      Participant

Great post and job well done 👍 there @canabliss

Cannabliss
        Participant

Thanks @brad104 🙌🏼

It was definitely fun & seemed like a nice challenge.

Nate
      Participant

Super cool idea dude, I like how you’re thinking outside the box. I definitely didn’t think you’d be able to get such a great harvest off of a cloned auto. Great work man.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close