Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation Auto or Photo?

last updated by Keith 1 year, 6 months ago
5 voices
9 replies
  • Author
      NoWorryLeaf
      Participant

I started with Photo – which is cool as you can decided when, what and where and best of all you can keep clones of the keepers. However in SA we have a thing called loadshedding, where the goverment shuts off the power 2 – 5 times a day for anything between 2 hrs to 4 hrs depending power supply to the country. So I had to switch to Auto, will be my first time and I hope that because I have no control over electricity I can still have an awesome grow. Why did you switch from auto to photo or visa versa?

Keith
      Participant

I got some auto freebies from nasc and planted them.  It works well bc I can leave them in the veg closet to do their thing, then on the other side have the next round of photos  vegging for the main tent.   The autos have done alright.  I’m actually really impressed with them after a rough start.  I think I still prefer photos though.  Autos are fast but I feel like I’ll prob get 2-3 times more herb from the 1.5 month extra time the photos took.

Keith
      Participant

These are the autos finishing up in the veg closet.  I think I under fed them most of the grow.  Vpd was pretty bad the first couple weeks as I was drying in the room the closet is in.  That little closet stayed 65° for 14 days and I think they suffered a bit bc of it.  But honestly I’m happy with them.  I’m already out of herb from last grow and to a branch from the one on the left last night.  The damn things are falling over and I’ve got nothing to tie them up to. 

NoWorryLeaf
      Participant

Looks great still – perhaps use some wooden sticks you get local hardware and stick them in to support the weight.

Brad104
      Participant

I’ve always done photos,I’ve just really been hip to the autos for the last couple of years., but I would love to give them a try you know.

Racky
      Participant

I like photos,  you can flip to flower when you want.

Racky
      Participant

Racky
      Participant

Nate
      Participant

I’d definitely like to try some autos at some point, but I like the fact that if you fuck up during veg on photos, you can just veg longer to make up for stunting. If I had a bigger tent/grow space I might consider doing a perpetual harvest with staggered autos type thing too.

Keith
      Participant

My current grow were seedlings during the time I was drying the last grow.  In the same room they struggled bad in the beginning at 60°.  I didn’t have a big light but was just using little led light strips that put off no heat.   They grew so slowly the first few weeks.  I was able to veg them longer to make up for it.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Keith.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close