Home Forums Lifestyle Barbara Bud Bubble Hash

3 voices
9 replies
  • Author
      Somatek
      Participant

A day late but the joy finally arrived, Barb bubble hash from Mat Beren & Kirt Tousaw of Great Gardener Farms that I was telling @Atom about in one of the threads.  It’s a cross of Shiskaberry and Afghan, which  makes it [Blueberry x Afghan] x Afghan.  First the pics though, then the description…

Had to get a shot of the Great Gardener hash in front of the CBD Rene which are his seeds.  I grew Barbara Bud for the last 4 years until I lost my mom last year, she’s a beast outdoors and I look forward to adding it to my garden again soon.

Lovely little gram ball, it’s stiff at the moment but also cold so I’m curious to see the texture once it warms up.

Beautiful consistency with clearly visible uncrushed heads under the scope.

Obviously I had to pull out BoobTube Barb to smoke it out of, it’s my favourite and headiest pipe blown by Chillary Bogart.

Packed and ready for sampling.  Although I realised I should have gotten a pic of it melting but was caught up in the excitement of finally trying it, which I’ll get to in a second.  The taste started with some rich spicy/hashy flavours that reminded me of good Afghan with a nice fruity aftertaste and slight hints of vanilla sweetness.  The high had an instant way of pain relief as  my hand finally stopped throbbing. followed by a day dreaming mental stimulation getting lost in random thoughts.  It’s a more narcotic effect overall but not horribly sedative, seems perfect for after a long day of work to veg out and relax.

Somatek
      Participant

Now, the reason I was so excited to try this particular hash is the back story and the companies relevance in legalization here in Canada.  Mat Beren was a grower for the compassion clubs out west as a designated grower.  He also had a seed company selling all the varieties he grew (I believe he sold clones locally) as he talked about his belief’s that patients should be able to grow their own meds instead of having to buy them without compromising the quality.  One of his varieties, Haoma, was selected by compassion club members.  It’s undeniable he’s always about the community.  When the gov changed the laws around designated growers Beren and his Lawyer, Kirt Tousaw, fought and won a supreme court challenge against the new laws.  Which was my first point of contact learning about him when I needed to defend my own charges in court, his and other cases were what I used to get my charges dropped.  The lower court judges couldn’t contest Supreme Court rulings, so the crown had to choose to escalate it or drop it and they weren’t going to waste more money on a case they’d eventually lose as the courts rulings had been clear.  Cumulatively it was people like him and others that fought the laws up to the Supreme Courts, either provincial or federal, that undermined the law and made it unenforceable.  Which leads us full circle to him now having a legal company selling to the rec market and allowing me, in another province with no connection to buy and sample his bud and support his business.  That alone made smoking that bowl a special experience as I was thinking of all the work people have put in across the nation as activists, growers or lawyers breaking down immoral, unjust laws.  Progress may be slow but it’s glorious all the same.

Atom
      Participant

Looks pretty good. I’ve had lots of it that looks very similar in color and consistency. You rarely see bubble hash at shops here, mabie some kief.

Somatek
        Participant

Apparently that was pretty good hash as I first completely forgot I had to water my gardens after supper, when that was done I had completely forgotten about the forums/replying lol.  Very much an opium like buzz that gets puts your brain in dreamland mode.

Bubble Hash was popular around here a decade or so ago but there’s a lot more shatter/rosin on the market these days then hash in general.  Which is unfortunate as I really love a good bowl of hash and I may just have to start today off with another bowl of Barb.

What’s your prefered way to smoke hash?  I tend towards using a pipe for convenience usually although I’ve meant to get myself a hash bowl for my bong as their a thing now.

Somatek
      Participant

lol, I guess my last reply never posted.  I’ll reply again after soaking my flesh wound (gotta get the Monty Python reference in) and I have two hands again….

Brad104
      Participant

That does look to be of a great quality.How did it treat you after smoking? Was the taste as you were expecting? Just wanted to find out as much information about the color of the hashes well I would assume that the darkest is better but you know what they say when you assume,so maybe you can tell me soma

Atom
        Participant

The color isn’t the best indicator of quality, but normally lighter is better not always though. It was all the color of the inside of that ball in the beginning, it then forms a rind type thing on the outside due to oxidation. The more you play with it or touch it, the more it will darken. I’ve played around with hash alot. Many time have I formed little figures out of them, or solid black balls. Just know that if you work it until it gets black or dark from working it, once it cools off from friction, it gets hard as a rock and is hard to break apart lol.

Here’s a pic of me f’n around with hash. I made it into a witches cauldron for a Christmas gift to my brother. I dumped kief from my grinder to make it look like it is bubbling and inside the cauldron theres about a gram of oil. Back then I was still using hair straightener. Good times lol

Somatek
        Participant

The best part of hash is playing with it like playdough lol.  That’s quite the Xmas present, did he smoke the cauldron all at once or was he reasonable and spaced it out?

Atom
        Participant

He spaced it out lol. Not real sure how long it lasted though.

Somatek
        Participant

The gift that keeps on giving lol, hopefully my crop has dried for the company Xmas party in a couple weeks so I can give it out as presents with the ulterior motive of getting feedback on the varieties.  The little advantages of working at a pot shop lol.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close