Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation Bugs aphids gnats

3 voices
6 replies
  • Author
      Brad104
      Participant

I would like to start a thread about bugs how do you keep your plants safe from them besides using sticky traps for houseplants, which have and haven’t helped me with them in the past.Unfortunately I am not growing in a tent.Im in a home with a full basement.So I fight bugs almost every crop.Ive heard of using wood chips like you buy in the barbeque section has anyone heard of using wood chips to kill gnats and aphids. Please leave us all sorts of feedback on this subject for I think more of us deal with bugs than not 🚫

Thanks in advance guys

• This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Brad104.
      Loves2Trim
      Participant

Twice now ive heard of using insects. My friend bought some kind of thing that hatched a crap load of Preying Mantis babys lol. Then another person, with success just ordered a thing that hatched a bunch of lady bugs.  I think he had red bugs of some sort like Aphids? Said it was a success because the Ladys scoured the 4×8 of all bugs then all died. Didnt witness it for myself but it seems you can hire the critters to do the work for you lol

Atom
      Participant

Green cleaner will kill aphids dead my bro.  They also make a root cleaner, I’ve never had to use it but the guy at my hydro shop gave me a bottle. If you try the root stuff definitely let me know.

I had gnats bad and sticky traps got rid of them it took a month. Finally was less and less and haven’t seen any in 3 months 🤞

Atom
      Participant

It advertises for mites but it does say aphids on bottle. I have personally used on aphids outdoor and it kills them on contact. Just rinse them off next day.

Brad104
      Participant

Thanks bro good looking out @adammarsh

Atom
        Participant

Your welcome. I swear buy the stuff

Loves2Trim
      Participant

I will remember this thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close