Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation Clones vs Fem seeds

4 voices
7 replies
  • Author
      Area 415
      Participant

<p style=”padding-left: 40px;”>How would you set up a 2×2  for a mother plant / veg space?? Clones or Fem seeds</p>
      I keep the mother in a 2 gallon  and  put the clones in soil which has been giving me around 85% success rate. But the pheno that does mother only last until   another strain worth crossing is found.

I have never used Fem spray and when trying store bought colloidal silver failed miserably.
      Would fem spray  be more ideal ideal for preserving strains? If so which methods have worked for you?

Somatek
      Participant

Fem seeds are not clones and aren’t a replacement for them.  Cloning is the only way to preserve a plant reliably

Brad104
      Participant

I don’t use mother’s myself I grow with family and every time we flip a crop to flower,we will take the cuttings from the plants we just flipped so when the plants we took cuttings from are finished and we cut them the next ones we have are ready to flip that week and it never ends you know,it’s not a practice many people use I suppose,but it’s kept us in bud for quite a while you know, best of luck to you too

Keith
        Participant

How big do the plants end up getting?  I know it’s not important as you’re flipping everything over so fast, I’m just curious.

Somatek
        Participant

It’s pretty common with people who keep lots of varieties as otherwise they take up to much space and it’s easier to keep plants healthy as long as your cloning is solid.

Brad104
      Participant

Around 4 feet bro at time of harvest generally maybe 4/and 1/2 max with around 2oz each plant I end up with close to 2 and 1/2 pound for my cut but if they would listen to me we could get much more weight that’s what I am going to show them in my little space bro I hope

Keith
        Participant

Fuck yeah.  That’s super cool.  I hope you do too.  I know a lot of times people get stuck in their ways and it takes actually showing them there’s a better way.  Best of luck bro.

Brad104
      Participant

I appreciate you I was just clarifying to another person if they didn’t like the way this contest is going they should go to RIU,THC farmer, reddit 420 magazine etc for 1 week and they’re will be no more contest but I have spoken to the admin and all these people want to call our threads rudundit and others who are close behind us are a little more or a lot more knowledgeable I just think it’s a slippery slope to say one thread is better than the next.Im over my rant bro I am not quitting for none of them unless they purchase me a 580 dollar light damn we will see what it is in less than a week and every question I ask I want an answer too believe that

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close