Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation Cultivar Assessment Form

4 voices
8 replies
  • Author
      Somatek
      Participant

I realised some other people may find this standardized form I use to record/assess plants I grow useful, so I thought I’d share.  I personally just print them off but they can just as easily be filled out on a computer.  I’m a Luddite and know very little about computers, so if anyone wants to run with it to make it easy to use, more versatile go for it.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Keith
      Participant

That’s pretty cool.  I’d prob print them out too if I go that route.

Somatek
        Participant

I like having hard copies of things as I don’t trust electronic data for longevity (I have 2 or 3 hard drives with a couple 100k pics on them I’ve been meaning to recover for years lol), although I have been tempted to start a digital file as with a simple file organization it’d be easier to include pics of the grow/bud along with the assessment form for a more complete pic of the plant.

Atom
      Participant

Call me old school but I write everything down in a journal. Although if someone ever tried to use it they would have to crack a code lol.

Somatek
        Participant

I keep all my grow notes in a journal but have a separate binder for tracking varieties, mostly for ease of reference around breeding.  I realized a standadized form may be helpful for people comparing varieties when I was thinking about the thread of strongest/weakest varieties grown.

Atom
        Participant

I mostly do it so I remember when I’ve added nutes, cut clones and flipped into bloom. I’ve found that I might forget the exact day and I don’t always snap a picture. Plus if something ever happens to me I want my wife to be able to keep growing it for herself.

Somatek
        Participant

That’s something I’ve never thought of as my notes would be gibberish to anyone who looked at them as my short form has shortened over the years.  I fully understand taking notes so you know exactly when you did what, it’s something I especially suggest to beginners as it’s much easier to learn if you can go back over your grow notes and compare to see patterns emerge.  Now it’s just a habit to write everything down and keep tract.

Brad104
      Participant

All 3 of us dinosaurs still take notes,@somatek @atom and myself hey @atom if I didn’t write down when I flipped them or how long the cuttings were took,what the nute regimen is also my spray defense days for Neem oil.     Who said growing wasn’t work 🤣

Somatek
        Participant

I’m sticking with “writing on paper is more enjoyable” and not the more obvious it’s what I’m use to and too lazy to adjust to modern times lol

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close