Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation Do you guys use grove bags for curing? What do you think about them?

4 voices
11 replies
  • Author
      Keith
      Participant

I bought some and tried them out but I had the hardest time believing it was allowing it to breath.  I’d be in there everyday burping it and moving it around so it wouldn’t stick together.  I just ended up putting them into jars.  But I want to try them again and I guess am just trying to reassure myself they work well.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Brad104
      Participant

I’ve personally never used them, so I don’t know really what they do so I just hang plants up or place them in the drying rack

Keith
        Participant

What do you put them in when they’re done?

Somatek
      Participant

I’ve always thought they were gimmicky and another unnecessary product being pushed on growers.  I don’t like bags in general for pot as I’m use to glass to keep the trichs from being knocked/rubbed off, I fully realise that may be bro science and after reading more and more positive reviews by growers that seem solid I’ve decided to give them a shot since their Canadian site is giving out free samples.

Brad104
        Participant

I’m an old head my friend I just bag it 😃

Racky
      Participant

Ive used them. I was thinking the same thing with the burping and making sure buds werent sticking together. I did leave just one that i didnt reopen after i put bud in and sealed. Totally untouched since starting curing about four weeks ago. Last night i opened it and it smelled so so good and smoked smooth and got my high AF. I was skeptical bout the grove bags, I was opening and moving around buds in all the bags but one.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
        Keith
        Participant

That was great to hear.  I’m think I’m going to give them a try with the auto that’s about to finish.  It smells so strong.

Somatek
        Participant

Did you notice any difference between the buds you moved around vs the one you left alone?  Do you need to actively move them or can you pack the bags and leave them be until ready to deal with it?

Brad104
      Participant

I’ve never seen a grove bag are they just a bag made of mesh so air gets in as it does in drying racks.I use an 8 tier zippered drying rack and it works very well and it’s not space consuming either, that is what I suggest they work great ,I fell in love with mine

Somatek
        Participant

Grove bags are used after drying when the buds curing/balancing the moisture content with the idea being they don’t need to be burped as the plastic they’re made of is semi-permeable and maintain a constant humidity inside.  According to the marketing they preserve more terps then traditional methods although I haven’t formed an opinion about them yet personally as I’ve just started to play with the sample  bag.

Racky
      Participant

Ive learned to leave atleast a quarter of it empty and they work great. I just shake em up a lil time to time and buds dont seem to stick together.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
        Somatek
        Participant

How dry are the buds before you’re putting them into the Grove bags?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close