Home Forums Grow Journal Endgame x grampas stash and runtz x zkittles from Ethos

5 voices
25 replies
  • Author
      Keith
      Participant

Growing in ffof soil and using their nutrients.  Soon I hope to move into living soil.  I’ve got a nice compost pile that’s been breaking down all summer.

They sprouted from the dirt around 9/12.  One of the Runtz took off but the other and the endgame were very wonky the first few weeks.  Here’s a photo.

Keith
      Participant

9/24 transplant went well.  The larger plant has great roots. 

Keith
      Participant

2 of these plants topped themselves.  I don’t know why they’re posting sideways.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Keith.
        NoWorryLeaf
        Participant

Healthy roots – wow

Keith
      Participant

This post will catch everything up.  This is them within the past couple days.  They seem to be happy and doing well.  The big plant needs watered almost daily.  I really need the tent to finish so I can get these guys in bigger pots.  Haven’t fed them anything yet.

Brad104
      Participant

I want to do a runtz grow so bad, I can’t stand I’ve heard nothing but great things about the strain.They say it’s super strong smoke,easy to grow and gets done between 8-10 weeks I believe it’s been a minute since I looked at the specs.Definitly want some of the strain runtz.Enjoy and best of luck to you

Keith
        Participant

Wish me luck beating you in points over the month!  Haha

Brad104
      Participant

Hey I know that is right bro.I truly am not going to be hating on anyone.I am trying to put out all the questions I have and answer any I think I may be able to help with.I just stay up to date on the news feed liking posts and welcoming people in.Thats how I’ve got to the number I’m at of course a lot of time on here too.ha I wish we could all gain a killer light such as this Se 5000 and all the other great prizes that they are offering.Its going to be a good contest though I believe., and I wish us all the best of luck in it. Thanks Keith

Brad104
        Participant

I’m noticing you on my back bro,I’m trying to keep you down though, I hope I can hold you off but I wish you the best of luck too for real dude

Keith
        Participant

Hahaha, it makes it less awkward when you acknowledge it.  I am not a competitive person at all.  It’s awkward for me to know someone else wants this light too and only one of us can get it.  I promise you if I do win something I will end up feeling guilty about it.

Somatek
        Participant

Well it’ll be fun watching from the sidelines to see who pulls it out in the end.  I’ve been trying to avoid creating threads to reduce the clutter on the forums, I just won a 450w QB the other week so I really don’t need another light.  If anything a 4″ inline fan is all I can really use at this point is all I need, another 100w QB for veg would be nice to run two at 50% for more even coverage but moving plants around works well enough…

Keith
      Participant

I topped these 2 plants that topped themselves again.  It’s the first time I’ve topped twice.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
        Cannabliss
        Participant

Nice @Keith! How much space are you working with under the light with the other plants being done? Some LST training can double the amount of tops for you if there’s room.

Keith
      Participant

Tomorrow I will chop the plants in the main tent and one of the plants in this closet.   That will free up space in this closet for them to be transplanted into 5 gallon pots.  I’ve always done 3 gal but I’ve got a bigger tent so I’m upping to 5.  They’ll stay in this closet until everything is ready.  After drying.  Also I’m going to tear out the carpeting in this building.

Somatek
        Participant

Good call on the carpet, grows should really be as inert and easy to sterilize as possible.  Even wood should be avoided if possible although it’s very commonly used in home grows as mine amply demonstrates lol.

Brad104
      Participant

That’s the best thing you will do is tear out the carpet bro god only knows what kinds of pathogens/fungi is floating around in it and I also use only 3 gallon bags so far but next grow I’m going to move up to the 5s myself bro

Keith
        Participant

Yeah I read that carpeting acts as a dehumidifier too it will suck up moisture and I know that can’t be good

Somatek
        Participant

They’ll either absord or release moisture depending on the VPD and their saturation level.  The big issue is they trap moisture and create ideal conditions for pathogen growth, not to mention a place for spores to hide.  Surfaces in a grow should be easy to clean and inert so they don’t foster bacteria/fungus/etc.

Keith
        Participant

Holy shit does this carpet have pathogens in it.  I think the previous owner has her cousin living in here.  The guy was prob cooking meth back here.  I should’ve torn out the carpet from the beginning.

Somatek
        Participant

Things like PM are very commonly air borne and can’t easily be cleaned from things like carpets.  Stickers, banners, anything cloth all should be removed from a grow; ideally everything would be metal, glass or plastic.

Brad104
      Participant

I think 💬 that it was definitely a wise move,bro you are already off to a good start my friend.I believe that you and I are going to become good friends and better growers bro,you are a good dude and we like a whole lot of the same things.Even if we just keep up the way we are now we are doing ok,but I feel as though as much as it seems like I’ve learned in this month alone.I know that this grow is going to be better, and I am definitely trying to crush the numbers I’ve been hitting,but I’m going to be taking baby steps to get there and doing extensive research while discussing it over with friends on here.

Keith
        Participant

Word, lol.  I agree.

Keith
      Participant

It’s around week 8 right now and they’re still jammed in this closet.  I’m actually really happy to win the tent.  I never considered that being the solution to my space problem.  These autos that are taking up the room are on day 125 at least and look like they have weeks left.

I haven’t done much of any training.  Just some a week after transplant.  I haven’t had the space to do anything with them.  I need to get this tent and get them flowering.

Keith
      Participant

11/8 started 12/12

I had to get these things flowering they’re almost 9 weeks old.  They’re as big as the last round ever got.  I bought a 10×10 piece of panda film and sectioned off a corner.  Hung the light from the ceiling.  When the tent comes I’ll set everything up in there.  I’ll get pics after work, I forgot last night.

Keith
      Participant

Here’s the temporary set up until the tent gets here.  I just realized I should’ve taken one from farther away.

Brad104
      Participant

You should have gotten your tent today bro, I received my light today.I wish you well @keith

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close