Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation F1, F2 & S1 cannabis seeds

4 voices
6 replies
  • Author
      NoWorryLeaf
      Participant

I never new this, but guess mostly for breeders probably something I should pay attention to when looking at buying seeds.

F1 – Hybrid Cannabis seed will be first generation cross, closer to the parents

F2 – When the F1 is grown and crossed

Which is better – don’t know have you ever grown F1 and/or F2

S1 – involves making a cutting/clone from the mother plant, and turning it into a a male, spraying Silver Thiosuphate will stress the lady and she will go to the other side. Then the pollen is collected to pollinate the mother plants they call it self-pollinated. Stability benefit of the same genetics

I think S1 is actually then the best one to go for?

Brad104
      Participant

I would be interested in a few s1 seeds,is there a certain breeder you have to go through to get them, or certain website.? For this sounds interesting and I am interested in finding out more about it thanks in advance.

NeuroticTurtle
      Participant

lots of breeders and seed banks carry S1 beans, look for strains that are supposed to be clone only like GG#4, Bruce Banner #3, or that mention a lot of detailed back crossing in their description.   Whitewidow.rocks has some interesting reworks that should fit the bill like Gorilla Cookies XXL, or check out https://seedsherenow.com/?s=s1&post_type=product&dgwt_wcas=1 and go ham on some explicit S1 beans.

Brad104
      Participant

Thanks for the information @Neuroticturtle

Nate
      Participant

Do S1 plants express their genes the same as the original plant? Would you get new phenotypical expression as opposed to clones? I’ve never delved into it, but I’m definitely interested in learning more about breeding.

NoWorryLeaf
        Participant

Not sure, but I would guess S1 would be the closest to the parents.

NeuroticTurtle
      Participant

S1 is closer to the original clone, but typically not as vigorous or stable.  I’m personally gonna stick to f1/f2’s and do a sad little pheno hunt every time.  It’d take a pretty awesome cut turned S1 to make me run the risk of herms strictly on starstruck name power alone.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close