Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation Flowering

last updated by Racky 1 year, 5 months ago
5 voices
39 replies
  • Author
      Racky
      Participant

Was wondering when you like to flip to flower?

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Racky
      Participant

No nutes yet

Attachments:
      Racky
      Participant

Im hoping these dont get too big!!

Attachments:
      Atom
      Participant

You can flip them anytime you want. The longer they grow the taller they will become. When you flip they can stretch anywhere from 2x-3x times it depends on the strain.

Personally I would wait another week let them get a bit taller. Looks great though

Racky
      Participant

Thank You!! They are only 6 weeks old.

Attachments:
      Keith
      Participant

My first grow I went 6 weeks but this last one I went 8 bc I wanted bigger plants.  That’s what I like about photos.  The autos I grew were pretty freaking awesome too though.

Brad104
      Participant

Myself I generally try to not let them get above 2′ to 2 and 1/2 feet at the biggest for as @atom said and I am sure you know that they can more than double during their stretch under bud.so I personally love them to be around 4feet or so if they get to 5 I’m pissed off.Best of luck to you with your grow

Keith
      Participant

I haven’t had a plant over 3ft yet Brad.  I thought I was going to have to get a taller tent after I set everything up and saw it, but it’s been just fine height wise.  I need a wider tent though for sure.  I guess it’s bc I’m pulling branches down under the net, so I’ve never given it the chance I guess.  I do want a tall plant though.  Not too tall.

Brad104
        Participant

I would much rather have a shorter bushier gals they’re easier to move around check out there pots and most important thing to me is I don’t have to tie the shorter ladies up you know.

Keith
        Participant

That’s true but the Easiest way to get it shorter is by using a trellis net and then you can’t do any of that because you’re stuck under it.

Somatek
        Participant

The easiest way to keep a plant short is to just tie it down to the rim of the pot, scrog nets take more skill to properly use, partly because they lock everything in place instead of being able to move the plants freely.

Racky
      Participant

Yeah i love them short and Bushy!!! Gonna flip them in a couple more days. Waiting on my second inline fan to arrive so i can ensure no light gets in. Im putting the second one on outside of tent to push air in and the other one inside blowing out.

Attachments:
        Keith
        Participant

I’ve heard people mention that about the fans.  Why do you want to do it?  I’ve never been able to figure out what the benefits are.

Brad104
        Participant

It sounds like the way to go but I’m like @keith I just don’t know enough about growing in a tent to know why ?

Somatek
        Participant

A proper ventilation system has an air intake in proportion to the exhaust depending on whether you want negative or positive pressure in the grow space (bigger intake fan for positive pressure, biggger exhaust for negative).  Ideally the intake is pushing air evenly up across the room over the floor (I mentioned the plenum box in a past thread about ventialtion) with the exhaust sucking the hot/humid air out from the top, using basic thermodynamics to ensure even air mixture (hot air rises, cold air sinks; so pumping cool, drier air in the bottom pushes the warmer/humid air up to be exhausted and maintains even temps/humidity) while also keeping CO2 (which is heavier then air) from pooling on the floor away from the canopy.

That’s why every grow pretty much has the intake (either passive or active with a fan) at the bottom and the exhaust at the top above the lights (heat source that’s easily controlled with a fan sucking the heat right out).  Although if you were struggling with keeping temps up there’s no reason you couldn’t reserve is so any heat from the lights is drawn over the garden.  Knowledge makes you a more flexible grower, hope that helps you understand ventilation a bit better.

Keith
        Participant

But what’s the advantage to negative or positive pressure?  How does it benefit the grow?

Also I missed this, but it confirmed some questions I had.

Brad104
        Participant

It sure helped me to better understand ventilation, I do thank you for your reply @somatek

Somatek
        Participant

Your fans should always be at the end of the ducting, sucking air through and blowing it into the new space.  So having the intake fan blowing air directly into the tent makes sense but having the exhaust in the tent blowing out doesn’t if there’s any ducting connecting the tent to a window to vent out.  You’d want the exhaust fan outside the tent, connected to the end of the ducting blowing directly outside.

If you look at fan specs the rated CFM is with no static pressure/resistance, once you start blowing air through ducting that creates turbulance around the edges, increasing the resistance and lowering the CFM’s.  In-line fans are great at sucking air, usually pretty bad at blowing it (other fans are designed for high static pressure, like “squirrel cage fans” used in a lot of furnaces).  If you’ve just blowing out of the tent into the room that obviously doesn’t matter, just be aware that you don’t want you intake drawing air anywhere close to where it’s being exhausted as you want want the exhaust to mix in the lung room to get properly conditioned before being drawn back in.

Brad104
      Participant

Hopefully if @racky can’t answer us then maybe one of the heavy hitters will chime in on the discussion @keith

Brad104
        Participant

To @somatek so I’m getting what you are saying so I’m thinking I’m 3′ off my window from my closet so I can duct straight out it into the air outside I am not 🚫 concerned about a filter for the smell isn’t a issue to me,so my question ❓ is all I need is a 6″ inline fan pushing the air into the structure is this correct with a WiFi hygrometers inside or am I wrong

Somatek
        Participant

Where are you planning to mount your vent fan?

Brad104
      Participant

I was planning on mounting all of my stuff to the wall or a support 2×4 in the closet I’m not sure what ever is best.Sorry it took me a while to answer but I always turn my lights on downstairs @ midnight It helps heat the house.too.

Keith
        Participant

Hopefully it works out, keep us up to date on your build.

Somatek
        Participant

Fans should always be vented at the end of the ducting, drawing air through and not pushing it which significantly reduces the CFM.  Something to consider when building a grow, if it’s mounted in the window blowing out it’ll work much better then being in the closet blowing through ducting to the closet.

Brad104
      Participant

It’s all coming together little by little man I got a good order from Amazon today and I am just shy a good light now I hope we can win one of those great light I need one awful bad but we will just have to wait n see

Keith
        Participant

Haha, that was my next question.  That’s good man.  I hope you do win it.  I’m waiting for these autos to finish so that I can start my build.  I just don’t want to change things up yet before everything dries.  I thought they were all going to finish closer together.  It’s been kinda a pain in the ass trying to figure out what to do with the next round.  They’re getting big.  I haven’t done much lst bc they’re jammed up in this tiny closet and honestly they’re prob ready for flower.  This other auto not the bb looks like it’s still 3 weeks out.  I gotta figure something else out.  I can’t wait that long to get these into flower.

Brad104
      Participant

I totally understand dude,it sucks to be you now with that problem bro.i hope you get it figured out, the forum is going wacky it’s told me twice that racky had replyed and it’s been you,so I have no idea what is going on I wish you the best as always my friend

Keith
        Participant

I came home today and they’re huge.  I counted and it’s been 7 weeks.  Basically this weekend I have to set them up in the bathroom of the building out back.  It’ll take me a few hours to set up and I’m still thinking about how to make everything work.  But it’s dark enough in there that they can flower.  I did very little lst.

Brad104
      Participant

I heard that bro, I wish you the best with the grow,if I can help you out with anything just holler my friend

Brad104
      Participant

This is the thread that I’m getting a notification from a different friend and it’s not the person who had replyed it’s a totally other friend, I am explaining this here because when I tapped on the notification and it took me to this again so maybe you @spiderfarmer can figure out why the system is doing this cause it sure is

Racky
      Participant

Does anyone know of a way to slow the stretch down? I have about 2 feet of room left for them and that leaves about 12 inches from light to top cola. They sit just at 2feet maybe a tad over 2ft.

Attachments:
        Somatek
        Participant

What are the day/night temperature differences?  The bigger the temp drop at night, the more the plants will stretch out so that’s one variable you can try to control.  Long flowering equatorial varieties are often kept in smaller pots until the stretch is over to keep them more manageable.  Other then that it’s tying plants down and training unless you want to get into PGR’s to directly control growth but that’s recommended

Racky
      Participant

Awesome Thank You!! Now that I have my air circulating right 24/7 my temps might drop 2 to 5 degrees at night but has been staying pretty  consisistant at same temp night and day. They dont seem to be stretching as much as i was worried about. I defoliated yesterday and they look amazing today.   Thank you everybody for the tips,  im loving getting advice from people who have been there and done that.  thank you guys

Somatek
        Participant

Do you mean the temps dropping 2-5 F or C as that’s a big difference and this is an international forum with people from all over so I wouldn’t want to assume.

Racky
      Participant

F

Attachments:
        Somatek
        Participant

That’s definitely not a worry then, 5C would be pushing it.  I forgot to mention that running a negative temp diff (hotter nights then days) will create the tightest nodes by limiting stretch.

Brad104
        Participant

That should be pretty easy for me to get tighter nodes this grow, because I run my lights at night and everything heats up in the night,but where I’m at it’s already cold in the daytime so I am straight then I guess or do I deserve a reply now?

Racky
      Participant

Thats awesome to find that out. I am so grateful for all the knowledge in here. Everybody tells me how good im doing and how good my girls look. At the end of the day its a compliment not to only me but more so the guys that give me these awesome tips. Thank You All!!!

Attachments:
        Brad104
        Participant

You are most welcome @racky for your a good human from the few talks we have shared I truly believe that you are doing one fine job, just keep doing as you have and I believe that you are off and running 💨 💨💨💨💨💨💨

Racky
      Participant

Thank You!!! Im trying learning and trying to help others as well. We do have an awesome community here.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close