Home Forums Grow Journal Guerilla gardening

6 voices
22 replies
  • Author
      asa.eco
      Participant

In the middle of flowering with my outdoor Guerilla garden (not on land i own), i planted the seedlings (something homegrown from a friend) in the abandoned part of an open gravel mine. The soil is really really bad – just gravel with topsoil removed and in places some antropozol (soil out of human garbage), so i removed the garbage – mainly plastic, dug a hole in the gravel, placed some wood for soil support and added some fresh plantmatter, native soil – clean soil from a forest nearby, and some storebought compost. Sowed arugula and clover for covercrop and added straw for mulch. The seeds popped in the begining of july and are now aprox. 5-6 weeks into flower

asa.eco
      Participant

So this is 3 weeks ago, in the middle of low stress training (not really LST i just arranged the branches so they get as much sunlight as possible)

asa.eco
      Participant

The final shape of the plant, 3 weeks ago

asa.eco
      Participant

Some nug shots from 2 weeks ago

asa.eco
      Participant

Brad104
        Participant

That’s awesome  💯💯💯💯

asa.eco
      Participant

This strain is unknown, but i call it Citrussy (double ss for the memes), beacuse it has a really!! strong citrusy smell. It didnt translate that well into taste, but that was maybe beacuse it was not dried properly when i got it last year (the weed and the seeds) – i had to dry it some more. I was wondering if anyone could maybe help indentifying the strain (or parents) – i can take pictures of the flower and it is really like lemon candy, but thats all i know. I hope some of u have smoked/grown something simmilar.

Nate
        Participant

I have no clue what the strain actually is, but citrussy killed me lol

Anonymous
        Inactive

Love the reds coming in

Somatek
        Participant

There’s really no way to tell by pics, pot has a high phenoplasticity which means the environment it’s grown in drastically affects how it looks/grows and pics aren’t a reliable way to identify them.  Citrus is also a pretty common smell with pot, although a highly enjoyable one.  If the taste doesn’t come through when smoked you may want to try vaping it as that can really bring out the flavours.  Violeta isn’t great smoked but tastes delicious when vaped

asa.eco
      Participant

When i LSTd the plant i went a little too hard on one of the branches, and since it rained for like 2 weeks here, some of the water must have come into the crack between the main stem and the branch. Now its a bit white and the crack is quite big. I figured its something fungal and poured some homemade fungicide (from yarrow) on it. Anyone got an idea of what exactly this could be and whether or not it is dangerous enough to destroy the plant/branch during the last 2-3 weeks of flower?

Brad104
      Participant

I’d venture a guess that it’s powdery mildew, just spray it with milk for several days and see if it leaves and gets better,worst case scenario is you loose a couple glasses of milk and you know it’s not 🚫 mildew if the milk doesn’t cure it

asa.eco
      Participant

Its been almost 2 weeks and its almost harvest time!! I treated the powdery mildew with the yarrow fungicide and it seems to have kept it at bay, i would have tried the milk, but really didnt have the time (and also knew that i had just 2 weeks of good weather time).  According to when the plant started flowering – late august – early september id say that i have at least good 7 weeks of flowering behind me, probably more like 9, but we had 2 really rainy  weeks in september, so i wouldnt count them as full weeks. I checked the terps with a magnifying glass for fabrics about a week ago – a lot of cloudy, some clear, but almost no amber, so i kinda wanted to go for another 2 weeks, but it will almost definetly rain next weekend (for 4 days straight!) so harvest time it is. Ill wait a little to see if the weather report changes but will harvest if im not sure about the rain/ if the 2nd inspection with the magnifying glass shows at least some amber.

asa.eco
      Participant

I also got really lucky with the seed i picked – it turned beautifully black/dark purple in the last few weeks – def some nice dad material since the mom was all green til the end. But i say lucky also because it doesnt smell a lot, a couple years back i had a plant that u could smell from 50 m, but up close that citrusy aroma i talked about is still very strong. Some last pre harvest pics coming in soon, and after that – the total weight, but im already getting ahead of myself, i wanna smoke it already. SOON!

Brad104
        Participant

Those are great looking flowers you have cultivated.I hope you are proud of yourself for you definitely should be.I always thought 💭 it’s harder to grow outside then inside, that’s just me.Im glad you are going to be harvesting and enjoying it soon,I wish you a good yield

Keith
      Participant

We did this once when we were younger. We had planted it next to the river and the Sandy soil and let that water it. A dear got 2 of them but didn’t touch one so we peed all around it and it never came back for it ever so out of 3 plants we harvested 1.  Now that I know a little bit more about growing I would guess that we harvested that plant at maybe 5 weeks flower. We couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t get us high

Keith
      Participant

Oh yeah we also didn’t dry it

asa.eco
      Participant

Because the weather report changed and because i didnt see any amber on my second inspection i decided to leave them  for another week. The weather report was right, it only rained a little, so the plant is fine. Im harvesting on friday, but ill have some pics before then.

asa.eco
      Participant

asa.eco
      Participant

asa.eco
      Participant

Brad104
      Participant

That’s a definite beauty , I would love to see 🙈 a great looking sexy long fingers on her,I’ve grown mostly indica leaning hybrids of late, but I have to fuel dogs this time and I’m thinking I am going to like them alot,

asa.eco
      Participant

So i harvested 4/6 branches cca. 2 weeks ago and the drying is done but i see both from the 2 branches still on and the potency of the rest that i was hasty. But we’re nearing the first frost so ill harvest the rest soon. The smoke is nice, it doesnt taste anything like the still very strong citusy smell – it tastes like cookies or popcorn tho only faintly. Med to low potency but like i said – cuz of early harvest. I may have also lost some weight beacuse i was greedy but probably not much – the total wil be just short of 100g. After i dry and jar up the rest ill make the last smoke report and finish this grow journal.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close