• Author
      tch
      Participant

Happy Bird Seeds – Magic Melon Auto

VIVOSUN 2×2 tent
      Vivosun VS1000 led

Fox Farm Happy Frog and Ocean Forest soil

***ALL COMMENTS, ADVICE, AND TIPS ARE WELCOME***

Started her in FFHF in a cup and she sprouted and took off right out of the gate. She got really leggy, quick. I added more soil to top off the cup and got her under a small led light I use for my houseplants. About a week in, her leaves started curling down pretty hard and have stayed that way for a week. General consensus was probably overwatered so I laid off the water for a while and got her repotted into her 5 gallon smart pot on day 14. It is mostly FFOF with the hole she is planted in and the top inch or so being FFHF. I also picked up a tube of Dynomyco mycorrhizae and used about 1.5TBSP in the hole. So, that is where we are now. I am hoping for her to turn around now with fresh soil, mycorrhizae, steady environment, and the watering more carefully monitored. Time will tell, and I am aware that it is not on my side with the auto but I’m up for it.

Today is Day 16 and she has started to uncurl her leaves and is looking good.
      Light is currently set at 50% and per the photone app on my S22 it reads about 260 ppfd.

Before the transplant and with really curled leaves

Redeye_Master
      Participant

Is she staying in the solo cup? If not as she’s an autoflower get her into her final home sooner rather then transplanting again.

Brad104
        Participant

I always thought you were supposed to keep all roots on all plants needed to be covered and kept in the dark have you kept some of your babies in the light clear cups like this before without any problems to your little gals

tch
      Participant

I’m trying to post more pics but can’t for some reason.  She is in her final home now thats a 5 gallon smart pot.

HippyFarmer420
      Participant

Cant wait to see how she turns out..

I also hope I can figure out this posting features here, all these pics are sideways, upside down, and makes my old eyes hurt.

tch
      Participant

Brad104
      Participant

I always thought 💭 you were supposed to keep your clones and seedlings in a colored cup so roots are covered.That is just what I thought and always heard roots are to be kept in the dark.Thats just my thoughts and they’re not always fact even though I would like them to be!

tch
        Participant
        1.  I keep them in a clear cup with holes inside a red solo cup.   That gives the water somewhere to drain without making a mess and it allows me to pull the clear cup out to check the roots.
      Brad104
      Participant

Ok good idea,I thought there was a method there just didn’t know what kind of method but it sounds like a damn good one though

Brad104
      Participant

Try holding your device sideways when you tap the button that’s sends you to your files.Thats the way I do it after  some one explained it to me in my post about posting pictures.

I hope that this helps you and the hippy

Best of luck guys

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Brad104.
      Somatek
      Participant

Sounds like you’re off to a good start, low light can easily lead to over watering so that all makes sense. Hope you figure out why it won’t let you post pics and can get an updated pic in 5gal smart pot

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close