Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation I found 4 seeds in one bud. What the hell happened?

last updated by Keith 1 year, 6 months ago
5 voices
9 replies
  • Author
      Keith
      Participant

It was 1 tiny bud on the bottom of a branch that was at the bottom of the plant.  A branch I should’ve cut off bc it wasn’t going to produce anything.  None of the other bud I’ve seen have any.  I went through most of all the large buds cutting dead out so I kinda did go through thoroughly.  But has anyone heard tell of this or experienced it personally.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Somatek
      Participant

Random seeds will happen, usually the result of a male flower that went undetected although this time of year stray pollen from outdoors is equally viable.  I wouldn’t be surprised if you find some more in the buds as they are hard to spot until they pop out unexpectedly.

Keith
      Participant

Dang.  Thank you.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Keith.
      Cannabliss
      Participant

Those should be viable. They look good. You could have caught some stray pollen from an unknown male, or she could have gotten stressed out & threw a few nanners. This would be her last ditch effort to try to preserve her genetics if she felt threatened, or life may have been coming to an end.
      The seeds are mature, so the pollination had to have been at least 5-6 weeks ago.

Keith
        Participant

5-6 weeks ago!  So there’s seeds won’t be hermies?

Somatek
        Participant

They may be as you don’t know where the pollen source is and if it was a male or herm.  That just means if you decide to grow them you need to keep that in mind and keep a close eye on them for nanner’s (male flowers).

Brad104
      Participant

I have got a few stray white seeds in a plant,they were never any good you could pop it about soon as you placed pressure on it,but I have never gotten black good seeds,mind you I’m talking about from clones.Is a stay white seed in a clone unheard of?

Somatek
        Participant

White/greenish seeds are just immature, if you had let the plant grow for another 2-3 weeks they’d have rippened and turned brown/black/mottled.  Seed crops take longer then flower as they’re left past the prime harvest to make sure seeds mature properly.

Atom
      Participant

Not uncommon although I usually see green/white immature ones if I find them. There could of been one male part popped out, but some strains will always do it. I’d be worried if there was more but don’t see 4 being a problem. They will very likely be fem seeds.

Keith
        Participant

Dang I might try to grow them.  Next year maybe.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close