Home Forums Grow Journal Indoor GDP x BW

7 voices
18 replies
  • Author
      NeuroticTurtle
      Participant

<span style=”font-family: verdana, geneva, sans-serif;”>day 16 of 12/12, day 30 total.</span>

GDP x Black Willie

NeuroticTurtle
      Participant

hmm, trying to change font in my first post didn’t work…. anyways…

Grandaddy Purple x Black Willie from Oldschool Breeder’s Association / Reeferman Genetics

25L airpot, HP Promix 4-4-4 soil, nothing but water before repotting into this monster.

currently feeding: House and Garden Van de Zwaan Soil A&B, GH Floralicious Plus, GH Hard Water Micro, Technaflora magiCal.

Starting water ppm of 390, local assessment has it as about 300 ppm calcium, 50mg magnesium, the rest relatively mixed, but still not enough cal/mag for my larger plants, so I’m starting the magiCal early on this one.

gdp x bw side shot

HippyFarmer420
      Participant

It will be interesting to see how this one turns out,  Im going to run some Kosher Kush x GDP here soon..

If it’s urkle heavy, it will be very slow to grow, I’m starting all the GDP’s early.

NeuroticTurtle
      Participant

copied over from my other journal:

The UT-383BT mini lux sensor arrived today, it paired nicely with the ppfd app, but didn’t have a 100% applicable profile for the SE7000, since it uses a mix of 2800k-3200k and 4800k-5000k, with 660nm thrown in. I could only get it to read 1350umol/s peak with the 3500k+10% 660nm profile. I’ll probably calibrate the app to 1525ish @8″ off the par chart and go from there, but it was fun to get baseline readings. Currently the flowering tent is at peak brightness at main canopy height, approx 950 umol/s uncalibrated at the height of the GDP x BW, bit higher for the other seedlings in the flower tent. Checking the veg room I found approximate values of 1050 umol/s for the canopy height of the thcv victory clone momma under the Equinox 1000. Seedlings and clones at about 300-400 umol depending on placement.

GDP x BW looking ready to give up some clones soon too:

Unholyfire
      Participant

Nice looking ladies there.

NeuroticTurtle
      Participant

Thanks, but its mostly lads those green pots.  Unfortunately I’m looking at like 3/9 females for the last round of seeds with only one fem GDP x BW(pictured in this thread), two fem God Bud x NH23(one of which had mutie leaves), and no female Maui MAC Burger.  But the THCV Victory clones are going nuts, so I’ll likely end up with a flower room full of that until the next round of seedlings are ready for sexing.  Next time I pop seedlings I’ll do more than 3 of each varietal, but I juuust got the veg room dialed in.

This is the GDP x BW, in front of my THCV Victory that’s on week3 of flower.

NeuroticTurtle
      Participant

I topped the large GDP x BW today, and repotted the next one into a 25L airpot as well.  I’m like…. 90% sure its fem, but if it proves otherwise I only really wasted a handful of dirt.

On the left is my remaining seedlings: 1x Maui MAC Burger and 3x God Bud x Neville’s Haze #23, lookin female so far.  In the back is the THC Victory, not pictured is the other victory and the larger of the two GDP x BW.

the larger GDP x BW just after topping:

Atom
        Participant

Hey brother can I make a suggestion? I’d like to suggest removing those lower leaves close to the soil. It can be a bridge for bugs to climb up, and also can cause mold problems. Will make it easier to water as well. Looking good though, nice and green stems too 🤘

NeuroticTurtle
        Participant

Yep, didn’t get to the defoliating stage in that photo yet, it was fresh from being topped.  I usually give it a few days in between traumas, to keep the hormones flowing, but I could probably nip the sucker leaves off without issue.  I don’t want to jinx it, but so far no bugs!  Nothing much survives the UV tubes being on 12/12 with the main light.   Mold or WPM is of course a potential issue with any indoor grow, but I just slapped a new Secret Jardin 30W monkey fan in on the left there, to replace an older 20W oscillating one that was grinding.  Got some decent airflow to the underside of the canopy, all the way to the back where that GDPxBW lives.  What will seriously make it easy to water is if I get a wand/sprayer combo of some description, as the larger plant in the front looks to double during flower and she’s already kinda ungainly and needs defoliating/LST’ing as well.  Good thing I didn’t do a trellis?

pic is of a THC Victory just placed into flower, after having a haircut and some clones removed.

Atom
        Participant

Right on man looking good.

chiefreefs
      Participant

wow your ladies are looking mighty fine!! Cant wait to see how they turn out!

Keith
      Participant

I love that shade of green in the 1st picture you post it. I will have to read through this

Unholyfire
      Participant

Really filling out. Looking great

NeuroticTurtle
      Participant

the slightly smaller GDP x BW:

and the larger of the two, apologies for no canopy shot, I’ll haul it out front tomorrow maybe.

NeuroticTurtle
      Participant

now, if I were to start some extra seed elsewhere, it’d look something like these:

NeuroticTurtle
      Participant

fresh from a little defoliation to keep the popcorn away.

NeuroticTurtle
      Participant

first up, update on the sheer size of the larger one with a canopy shot then a side shot:

and a shot of the little one fresh from defoliation.  (yep, it had two nodes tucked under that low one that I left, and they were in/on the dert).  I might take that lowest node off too, if I accidentally splash on it during a watering, but it should stretch a tiny bit in the coming weeks.

NeuroticTurtle
      Participant

littler GDP x BW starting to show pistils finally, was worried it wasn’t getting enough light.  Also a couple crystals – ahead of its larger sibling in that regard.

Little one here has approx 7-8 weeks? to go.

larger one in the back 40 has approximately 6 weeks? idk, 12/12 from seed is tricky to calculate, it’ll be done when its done and way faster than my other journal.

these two plants are the same age, but the sativa leaning one was delayed by a couple weeks.

Cannabliss
        Participant

Hard to tell how long it will be.. but from my past experiences I learned to just count the flower time from when flowers actually start to form at the bud sites. From there I have gone anywhere from 8-12.5 weeks for them to ripen up.

Some do finish faster than other, but I have only grown maybe 10 strains. So it’s always a crap shoot unless I’m running a clone that I’ve already previously flowered out. The 2nd run is usually sweet because you got a feel for what the plant likes & dislikes.  If you went 8 weeks in flower & didn’t get enough couch lock.. you can always push the 2nd round to 9-10 weeks.

I have 1 cut that I am on my 3rd time flowering her out & boy is she a head turner. Most beautiful plant I’ve seen with my own eyes.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close