Home Forums Lifestyle Looking for a good book or podcast about growing

5 voices
11 replies
  • Author
      Keith
      Participant

I drive a lot and thought a podcast about growing would be good to listen to.  Was just looking for recommendations.  Or books too.

Cannabliss
      Participant

I put up a thread with a link to a site that has lots of books available.
      As far as podcasts, I keep my eye on the interviews “Mr. Grows it” has. He’s talked with some pretty interesting people.

Keith
      Participant

Bro I looked all through lifestyles and couldn’t find it.  Do you have a link to the thread?  I’ve got a bunch of audible credits and was looking through their  books.  Does Frank Spilotro, John Lambkin, Matthew Campbell,  Marshall+Jay Haze sound familiar, do you know anything about them?  They were just the first 5 books that came up.  I guess I would suppose it’s all mostly the same information, but there’s so many different sources out there, I don’t want to be led astray, lol.

Somatek
        Participant

There’s a huge difference in quality of info in grow books as there’s a growing divide between grow bro’s and the science.  There’s useful info to be gleaned from each side but Cannabis: a complete guide by Dr Ernest Smalls or Handbook of Cannabis Production in Controlled  Environments have the most factual info of any I’ve read.  Some being filled with myths from bro science that’s more misleading then useful, take a good look at the authors and their credentials as grow books are popping up faster then weeds.

Keith
      Participant

Do you have any other authors you’d recommend?  It’s not on Audible and I have a bunch of credits on there since I’ve found out the library system has an app for audio books.  I can guarantee my library doesn’t have any books on growing pot.  Have you ever heard of Frank Spilotro, John Lambkin, Matthew Campbell, Marshall Haze, Danny Danko, Calvin Newman?  Those were just the first books that came up on Audible.  I really appreciate the help.  I don’t know who else to ask.  I don’t trust an unbiased Google opinion.  No one I know has much knowledge about these kind of things.

Somatek
        Participant

Not sure where my last reply to this went but oh well…  Danny Danko use to be the grow editor for one of the pot mags, can’t remember which one but I want to say Skunk or Heads.  Haven’t heard of any of the rest but there’s a lot of pot growing pots out there now, a lot are mostly the same regurgitated stuff with slight variations unless you get into the books written by Dr Ernest Smalls or Dr Youbin Zheng which are written from an academic perspective with citations for sources.

Marijuana Horticulture by K from Trichome Tech is what I generally recommend for a detailed introduction and excellent general reference book, the bible or Cannabis Encyclopedia from Jorge Cervantes is also good but a bit dated as it’s written from the perspective of prohibition.

Keith
        Participant

That’s helpful bro thanks.

Brad104
      Participant

I’m really not sure about gro podcasts,but if you’re in for a laugh joey Diaz the church of what is happening! It’s the first podcast I ever saw even saw it before Rogan I’m a not to savy tech so I was at least 10 years behind. He is a great comedian and gives lots of information about some weed things more endorsements than anything but super funny in my book bro

Keith
      Participant

Nice thanks, I’ll check Spotify for it.

Eaton Beaver
      Participant

Check out High on Homegrown, Growcast, and There is a podcast by Danny Danko. I think it’s called Free Weed.

Keith
        Participant

Hell yeah bro, thanks.

Eaton Beaver
        Participant

You’re very welcome. Enjoy!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close