Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation Mostly still all clear on the trichomes.

last updated by Keith 1 year, 6 months ago
6 voices
26 replies
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Look I think I figured out how to make a topic. 😂🤣😂🤣😂

Bag seeds so no idea on the time of flower but tomorrow will be the end of week 8, they smell like sativa so assuming they should start changing color in a few more weeks.

Any opinions on how much time left?

Atom
      Participant

Yeah I would say you still have a bit yet, just getting milky. This is the time to monitor it every 2 or 3 days. Some strains can change fast. I would also say this is a more indica leaning hybrid by the leaf size. Sativa has a much thiner leaf. You say it smells Sativa, what you mean by that?

Somatek
      Participant

With unknown bagseed I’d pay more attention to the amount of new growth vs the amount of time the plants dying back. Which is how most commercial growers decide when to harvest as it’d take to long to accurate go through a garden with a jewellers loop to look at all the trichs when you’re growing hundreds to thousands of plants.

At peak harvest you’ll see they spend as much time growing new growth as dying back (ie. there will be mostly white hairs for a day or two followed by a day or two of orange/red ones as they die back), which is when most harvest. If you want a more sedative/couchlock/high CBN effect you’d harvest late, when they’re showing 3-4 dies of dying back with only a day or so of new growth concentrated more at the tips.

If it’s actually got a lot of “sativa” genetics (long flowering, loose buds with a lighter/more stimulating effect specifically) then the heads may not turn amber as some are known to stay clear. Chances are it’s a polyhybrid though and the trichs will change as it doesn’t look like a true long flowering (12-16 week plus) “sativa”.

Anonymous
        Inactive

@Atom It smells like oranges. Very very citrusy.

Brad104
      Participant

I had to cut my few plants this time while they were Milky white, although I am a couch lock type of 😎 as Steve Miller once said sit around the house get high and watch the tube.   So “amber” is what I love to see I wish you well

Anonymous
      Inactive

@Somatek, that’s really good info I have read what your saying in many places. Also follow how much it is drinking, she has slowed down and my other girl is still drinking a lot. I like and want the head high. So I want 10-20 percent tricones is what I read, but there is a lot out there on the fact that the tricones will never change in some strains.

My other girl is far behind this one and her hairs/stigmas are mainly all orange very few white.

From what I read is you need to look at all aspects in order to harvest at the right time.

My first harvest and I’m trying to get it right, but lots of factors to take into account. I appreciate the very detailed information.

Somatek
        Participant

Remember the age old advice, when in doubt wait a week.  It’s not like it’ll be night to day (keep in mind there’s still weeks of drying and curing) and the end of flowering is when plants pack on a lot of weight and swell up nicely.  Especially if it’s your first harvest, don’t get too anxious and rush things, the bottom of the plant will always be a bit more immature so personally I’d be on the safe side, keep the lowers separate and compare at the end to see if you prefer an earlier harvest or made the right call.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@brad104 I’m the opposite I like the head high and  try to stay away from the stuff that get me stuck to the couch.

Anonymous
      Inactive

She slowed down drinking but she still growing a lot.

Brad104
        Participant

I can appreciate the sativa head high as well, I do enjoy the both,but I do believe a more couch locking affect is what I like most!

Brad104
        Participant

I totally understand bro, I enjoy a good head buzz too,I just prefer a good couch lock so we could still get down bro.To each there own right that’s what makes this big round 🌎 thing turn , Keep on keeping on bro

Anonymous
      Inactive

Couple more.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m thinking maybe 2-3 weeks left last thing I wanna do is harvest to early and lose on yield.

Atom
        Participant

Your probably about right there. Just keep watching them. Some look like there just starting to swell and I like to look at it as a sign about 2 weeks left

Cannabliss
        Participant

I’m with you on that. Don’t be discouraged if they seem like they want to go even a week or 2 past that. They are going to be some pretty dense nugs. What kind of light are you using?

How are your temps & humidity in the tent?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well that’s what I am worried about I been reading on growing weed for a long time, and have read a lot about high wattage for big yields, I’m currently running the SF 1000 only 100 watts. I was never willing to raise my electric bill an extreme amount growing with high wattage lights. The 27″x27″x 62″ spider farmer tent with the 4 inch inline fan and SF 1000 is only adding like $40 a year on my electric bill, the whole setup is only 150 wats.  My RH fluctuates between 45-60% but mainly runs between 50-55% temps been fairly consistent between 60°-70°. Using fox farm ferts at recommended amounts. Soil and perlite mix, nothing special there reg top soil with about 1/3 perlite added for drainage.

Anonymous
      Inactive

😎

Anonymous
      Inactive

11 days after this post, all still cloudy clear trichomes. She is still growing with no suggestions she done yet. day 66 flower SF 1000

I thought it would go faster. This same branch is in the first comment I made with attachments it’s the second pic.

Keith
      Participant

Dude I’m in the same situation.  Mine looked like it was done 3 weeks ago.  But the trichs were clear up until very recently, now I’m starting to see some cloudy.  The whole plants turned purple.  I didn’t know that was even going to happen.  It makes it look like it’s over ripe.  But I was told to trust the trichs.

Anonymous
        Inactive

I’m hopeful they got some time left, Its my first grow and my buds look nothing like some of these people’s on here. I want them to get big 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂. My trichomes mostly cloudy some still clear. I got a few pics but they not to good hard to get pics of trichomes.

Brad104
        Participant

My goodness bro, for only 43 dollars a year added on to your bill a year and you are pulling that beautiful specimen out of the tent shit I’d pay 43 extra a month for real,I have to say again awesome 💯 job bro.Its going to be worth the extra days from the looks of it,so enjoy bro and best of luck always!

Keith
      Participant

I thought your plants looked fucking awesome bro.  What do you use to take the trichome pics with?  They’re not bad.  You can tell they’re all clear but it looks like you def got some cloudy going too.  That’s the part is kinda hard to tell on.  I bought this microscope that connects through wifi.  It was only like 40$.  It works pretty good.  At first I had a hard time with it.  I was just afraid to touch the buds at all and it was impossible to hold it still enough.  I just got some videos tonight I wanna check out closely.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Just a cheap jewelers loop and my phone. It does the job. I was looking at those USB microscopes.

I think I might upgrade the light for the flower tent. Idk yet I’m let this one run its course and hope they put on a lot of weight at the end.

Mine are decent, but my trellis net still holding them down, I want them to need support standing up. 😎

Keith
        Participant

I wanted that too.  That’s about all my trellis net did in the first grow.  It certainly didn’t help me achieve a scrog.  But it did hold up the branches towards the end.  I’ve got an auto with strings tied to it for support rn.  The first buds that have needed the support.

Anonymous
        Inactive

The other side of my tent getting a lot of purple but that one is even further behind this one. I’m prepared to go 90+ days if needed, will let the trichomes tell me when ready. The rate they growing if they make it to day 90, which I doubt, but they be big by then 😁

Brad104
        Participant

You must be growing them gals with steroids in your ferts  😅🤣 na man if that’s your worst problem this week,them you are going to have a good week.Just keep a close eye 👁️ on them bro and like @somatek said when you think it’s not ready wait another week when in doubt just keep a close eye 👁️ ball on them bro! Best of luck and I wish you a great big yield from them bro

Keith
        Participant

That’s what I’m saying.  I’m really trying to trust the trichomes.  Bc the plant looks done to me.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close