Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation Mutations

8 voices
28 replies
  • Author
      NoWorryLeaf
      Participant

So now that I am heading into the mutation world which I find interesting.

Albino or variegation, phenomenon is caused by genetic malfunction of the genes that regulated chlorophyll. Sometimes in certain parts of the plant. Very pretty but does not produce results as to flower power.

Leaf Buds – stranger but do happen where the mutations allows the plant to develop buds from the base of their leave where they meet the stalk.

Any mutations you heard of or experienced yourself. Please share.

Loves2Trim
      Participant

I’ve had 2 of the 3 headed mutations. At seedling there were 3 round and 3 pointys and three branches all the way up the main as opposed to two. Currently have one will post pics when I get back to pc.

Loves2Trim
      Participant

I think that’s her on the left basking under some beautiful SE5000s.

Keith
      Participant

I don’t know if this is a mutation but these 2 plants topped themselves.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
        NoWorryLeaf
        Participant

Wow what a setup

Loves2Trim
      Participant

NoWorryLeaf
      Participant

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjaV9bHvgLG/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
      chect this not sure if it mutation or strain

Cannabliss
      Participant

Weren’t we already talking about mutations in another thread?  Either that, or my post has been deleted 🤯

NoWorryLeaf
      Participant

I was scrolling on insta – and since most of the mutations are pulled I have found a breeder and this is all they do. Wow I would not mind having some in my grow setup. They are stunning.

https://terpyz.eu/collections

Atom
      Participant

Heres a wierd mutation. Only bud i found that did this. Pretty strange

NeuroticTurtle
      Participant

found one with a three leaf/bud per node structure w/ single apex, god bud x nh23 from a while back.

Somatek
        Participant

Trifoliates are always fun when they pop up but are all too often to also be assumed to be polyploids which isn’t the case.  More bud sites is still more bud sites though

Atom
      Participant

I found this spot on PG plant. I’ve seen it happen on this strain a few times. I didn’t cut it, it grew like this, the plant just decided this stem should stop I guess 🤷🏼‍♂️

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Somatek
      Participant

Fasciation is another interesting growth mutation, although it can also be caused by pathogens and it’s specifically genetic.  Also called crested growth were buds grow in a flattened crest, often horizontal instead of vertical, as well as having flattened stems.  It’s probably the rarest one I’ve personally seen compared to other mutations as I can only think of 1 plant I’ve grown that’s been shown fasciated growth patterns.

Somatek
      Participant

An interesting question to me is what possible gene linkages are there with variegated growth as often traits like that are bred out as growers look for a pretty narrow product compared to the diversity possible in the genetics. I’ve noticed variegated growth seems to pop up in more of DJ Shorts later work which got me thinking about what possible gene linkages there could be as most knock offs of his work are poor shadows of the originals. Which are pretty unique plants, even if you need to grow a lot to find a special plant.

Brad104
      Participant

I have saw that solid white plant a 100 times under different people throughout the years but I don’t think I have seen many more mutations besides the white plant I wish I had a picture.

Somatek
        Participant

Solid white growth at the top of plants is often light toxicity as it bleaches the chlorophyll when the PPFD is too high.

Brad104
      Participant

I was not aware of that, I thought it would have been genetics related so again thanks for the information

Somatek
        Participant

Light toxicity happens when there’s too many photons hitting a plant in a given day, which damages the plant and over time causes the chlorophyll/carotenoids/anthocyanins to break down which leaves the plant growth pure white.

Brad104
      Participant

My white widow clones are all 3 leafers so I’m thinking I’ve got my first mutation plants,cause I just had a few white widow clones given to me by a friend.

Somatek
        Participant

That’s just a sign of an unhealthy plant trying to flower before it dies.  Give it 24 hours light and proper care and it’ll grow more leaflets like any other plant.

Brad104
      Participant

Brad104
      Participant

Just wanted to drop a picture of my 3 leafer white widow I guess it’s not going to hurt it’s a first I’m going to keep growing her

Keith
        Participant

Where’s the picture?

Brad104
      Participant

Should be right over top of my name it’s the felt pot with the 57stone in the top of the pot.

Somatek
        Participant

That’s definitely a plant trying to flower or reveg, not a mutation.

Brad104
        Participant

@somatek I’ve got 3 more just like that one every one of the five cuttings that we took off of the plant have three leaves I definitely know it’s not flowering for it’s only about a month old and I have had it on 16/8 grow cycle since took our of the clone machine any way hold tight let me run down stairs and I will get a picture of the other ones that are just like him and they can’t be revenging for they’re just a month out of my machine,not trying to say you are wrong but I know that it’s neither of what you replied,so it’s got to be a mutation right?

Somatek
        Participant

16/8 is slowly it’s reveg, give it 24 hours of light and it’ll go back to veg and look normal.  That’s much more likely then being a mutant.

Brad104
      Participant

If I would take cuttings from this guy I’m showing in my picture now that it’s straightening up will the clone not 🚫 show 3 leafs as it did or I won’t know until I take it and once I see what she does then I will know maybe that it could be genetic I’m just not sure I appreciate any and all answers thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close