Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation Nutrients during Flower

last updated by Racky 1 year, 5 months ago
3 voices
9 replies
  • Author
      Racky
      Participant

When you all grow inside do you feed nutrients right up to harvest or just water after week 7 of flower?

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      IamN2pot
      Participant

Well Racky, this may not be scientific but I hope to keep being fed right up until they pull the plug. 😛

Then again, I only grow in soil, so the only way to ‘stop’ my girls from feeding is to pull them. As for hydro growing, some of the best studies I’ve read suggested that in a blind taste test between flower that was ‘flushed’ and flower that was fed until harvest showed “no stastical differance”, in other words, stoners couldn’t tell any differance.

Hope that helps.

Atom
      Participant

I stop the last 2 weeks, the plant stores nutrients in the soil and leaves so basically you get 2 free weeks of feed by only adding water. About a week in the soil, then it starts taking nutrition from the leaves. It basically is trying to imitate as if it was grown outside naturally. The idea is 1. Save money on nutrients and 2. Stress the plant into thinking its death is coming and produce more resins/stink.

Ask yourself this, if theres no difference at all then why not flush? Why keep mixing nutrients till tje end if it makes no difference? The only logical answer is to sell you more nutrients 🤷🏼‍♂️

Racky
      Participant

I was thinking bout stop feeding week 7 or 8 of flower.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Racky.
      Attachments:
      Racky
      Participant

Bout 2 more weeks and will only use water.

Atom
        Participant

I Wana add this isn’t an absolute rule I’d say. If you have any deficiency issues it is probably best to keep feeding atleast some. Once you start that water only there basically no going back. After a week, if it starts looking really starved you won’t have time to correct it. I guess feeding till the end could be considered an insurance of sorts. I’ve done it all the way until end, and while I found it perfectly fine to smoke I feel it tasted better and is smoother with doing the water only flush last 2 weeks. I use technaflora nutrients, and while I don’t add nutrition, I do use sugar daddy the last week only once at 40ml per gallon. It’s a carbo load to help stimulate microbes to consume any remaining nutrients. I’ve also tried leaving this out and found sub par results.

Also if you do light feeds, or your watering every day your likely feeding alot more than I do. I water every 3 days, nutrition every other water at 2/3 strength, in 5 gallon fabric.

Racky
      Participant

Gonna feed right up as close to end as possible with just water the last two watering.

Attachments:
      Racky
      Participant

Looking Frosty

Attachments:
      IamN2pot
      Participant

Love your logic @Atom. Problem for dirt farmers,  I use a “super soil” receipe, so all I add is pH’ed and filtered water for the first 10-12 weeks of a grow. After 5-6 weeks in veg and about 5-6 weeks into flower, I may start to see defeciancy issues, especially P, and start adding some organic liquid fert as needed up until the last 1-2 waterings or 3-5 days before harvest.

One other point in favor of continuing to feed up to harvest is weight. My last harvest I took 1 of 4 clones that all got the exact same treatment at 55 days and another at 65. This wasn’t my first time doing this and my records show this repeats over and over. The plant(s) taken at 55 days are always 10-20 grams lighter then ones taken at 65. Just saying. An extra 40-80 grams on a 4 plant grow is more than enough ROI for me. I’m a firm believer in feeding AS NEEDED right up to harvest. If I stopped feeding at day 55, would I still get more from plants on day 65, YES, but in my opinion, only about 1/2 as much extra.

But like I always say, experiment for yourself. Have more than 1 plant? Feed one and starve the other and compare. “The proof of the pudding is in the eating.” This is all about what you like!!!!!

Racky
      Participant

I just use Fox Farm Ocean Forest spiked with worm castings and perlite. I usually dont need to feed until Flower.

Attachments:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close