Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation Nutrients

9 voices
26 replies
  • Author
      Racky
      Participant

Was wondering when everyone starts feeding nutes to their plants?

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Atom
      Participant

I continue veg nutrition until 2 week of flower. Then stop recharge after about another 2 weeks.

James Warfield
        Participant

I have a few of those ac infinity self watering bases. Has anyone used those and if so how did you feed the plants?

Brad104
      Participant

I’ve been wrong all of these years we always have our plants grow until week 2 of bud then we would give them bloom all the way up till the last week or 5 days and then flush them out with water and cut them. I know now that I was doing it wrong but we did it that way for better than 5 years and kept getting crop after crop of decent bud bro

Keith
        Participant

What’s wrong about that?  That’s kinda what I do.

Brad104
      Participant

Well as I’m finding out your supposed to water them straight water every other feed or so to keep the salts down and everything going well with your uptake of the nutrients.But that is what I was taught @keith but I have found a few things that I was taught not quite right.I mean I’ve always ended up with decent bud, but it could be so much better and it’s going to be.

Keith
        Participant

OK cool, I was just wondering. That is what I do every other I give water only.

Eaton Beaver
        Participant

Does that apply to organic feeding as well?

Somatek
      Participant

There’s too many variables between grows to make generalized comparisons like this as you need to consider the soil, nutrients and environment to have any meaningful discussion.  Someone with things dialed in may need to feed at full strength as directed for the growth stage pretty much every watering, others will have better results using half strength every other watering if they’ve got bigger limiting factors in their grow.

NeuroticTurtle
      Participant

the cheeky answer is… when they get hungry, usually for nitrogen early on.   Feed at first signs of yellowing – don’t wait because its a ‘water cycle’… If you’re playing games with revitalised soil good luck, but if its fresh HP Promix or Sunshine Mix #4, you should be good for a couple weeks as it uses up the (4-4-4 for hp promix) content it had to begin with.

Keith
        Participant

What about with fox farms?  Should I be good for a couple weeks?  I potted up twice.  I’ve not seen any yellowing or any signs they’re hungry.  I was just waiting for some sign before I started to feed.  They’re pretty deep green.

NeuroticTurtle
        Participant

perhaps 20-30 days to use up whats in the FF Ocean Forest according to what I’ve read, if thats what you’re using, per up-pot.   Bit earlier than that if you’re using Happy Frog blend of soil.

Keith
        Participant

Thanks that’s perfect.  I was using ffof.  A bit much for the seedlings.  They were all wonky at the beginning.  Except for the one that took off like crazy.  I didn’t know why it was happening at first.

Somatek
        Participant

It may be cheeky but it’s also really the most accurate as there’s so many variables between grows it’s hard to pull usable info from overly generalized answers that don’t have any context around the different nuances.

Solid answer, now I don’t have to ramble on and on lol

Crystal Anderson
      Participant

I feed my plants from the time they pop with clonex cloning solution for first week or two and then go to my new millennium nutes. I have also used lightning start before

Keith
        Participant

What’s your growing medium?

Brad104
      Participant

I’ve personally never used cloning solution I just give it 25% of what it’s normal dosage and my clones come out good all the time we’ve done that forever I use the ionic grow to do this with it tells you seedlings on the bottle and when I switched to advanced nutrients it’s got seedlings 25% on there too so I’m thinking that you don’t need to buy cloning solution for feeding inside your cloning machine I always use 1/4 of my grow

Somatek
        Participant

Clones ideally want higher P and K then veg as those are what’s involved in rapid cell growth of roots and shoots.  N is invovled in green growth more, stems and leaves.  So while either works, a good rooting nutrient will better match the plants needs.  Just like you could use a general 20-20-20 for the entire grow but you can get better results with more targeted fertilizers designed for veg and flower.

Brad104
      Participant

Is what you are saying what I am doing the way I understand your explanation is I’ve been doing it right using only 1/4 of my grow for instance it’s 75ml per 5 gallon so in my 75 plants aerocloneers I will add say 18 or 20 into the solution in the bottom resivior and I stay around 98% rooting for real.Im a firm believer of the method

Somatek
        Participant

Grow formula’s usually have high N, low P and moderate K; clone/rooting formula’s usually have moderate N and higher P/K (like in flowering) as those are the elements needed for rapid cell division and growth like we see during rooting or budding.

1/4 strength grow ferts will work as mild nutrients but the nutrient ratio isn’t ideal for optimal root growth.  Until you’ve got the grow set up and dialed in that’s not worth worrying about as other factors will limit growth more then the nutrient ratio.  If your grow was dialed in though it’d be worth considering testing different products and compare as in those conditions you will see a difference.

Brad104
      Participant

I have to say I love giving all of my babies and younglings a dose of super thrive,I’ve had great success with it!

Keith
        Participant

I didn’t think there was gonna be any more products that I was gonna come across and possibly need.  But now I have to look up a new one.   I have not heard of super thrive

Brad104
        Participant

As always that makes good sense,@somatek I never thought of that way.I just thought it was working as good as the solutions so it was the same.Yhe way that you explain it I admit I never thought of it that way,so thanks again.

Brad104
        Participant

@keith super thrive has been around since the 30s I am not sure how much longer but it has a b vitamin and also other things that help in vege I think 💬 so please go ahead and check it out, I have had really good success with it for real bro, and I just ordered me some of those recharge sticks and I will tell you what I thought 💭 about those too but I believe that it’s going to work as atom told us for it’s got great reviews on line as well @keith

Somatek
        Participant

Before using a product like superthrive it’s important to check the products you’re already using as a lot have B vitamins in them.  I personally didn’t see a big enough difference using it to justify keeping it in rotation, although that was years ago when I first started so it’d be interesting to try it now that I have a brix meter to see if there’s a noticeable effect using it on the plants health.  First things first I need to get a stable grow that’s balanced so I can eliminate as many variables as possible.

Somatek
        Participant

Always happy to try and help clarify the little nuances like that, which are often the root of most misunderstandings around growing.  In their own context each person is perfectly right; you wouldn’t notice much/any difference using a rooting formula is there bigger limiting factors affecting growth.  Equally you would in a properly balanced system where the nutrient ratio is now the biggest limiting factor.  Without context they become conflicting views, in their proper comment both experiences make sense.  The devil is in the details.

Brad104
      Participant

I really do enjoy the way that you explain the different context and I don’t know just the way you explain things it’s informative and easily understood.great job again I see why you got the job at the new shop bro.I hope that they will compensate you well my friend

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close