Forums

Home Forums Q&A Popping seeds

3 voices
4 replies
  • Author
      HomeGrown.1018
      Participant

Since I have started growing I’ve always just went straight to soil and popped them that way. I’ve never soaked them did paper towel none of that. But as of lately I’ve been not having as good as luck. Usually I never lose a seed. But have been now so I was wondering what people are doing or recommending. I was told to put them in rockwool. Does anyone do it that way. Thank you for your input.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Atom
      Participant

I use the same method you use with very little problem. The one time i did have an issue, im certain it was the seeds. I got 1 out of 20 to grow, they were over 2 years old and i didnt store them properly( inside old film container up in closet). I read your post yesterday and remembered seeing a product kyle kushman has or had put out for soaking old seeds in to help them along. I cannot seem to find it so it may not be in the market. I seen it being promoted in one of his video’s, ill keep looking and update if when i figure it out.

HomeGrown.1018
        Participant

Thank you yeah the seeds were older too so that could have been the problem because I usually have no issues at all. I’m just gonna stick to my way because it does work besides the struggle I recently had the beans were old.

Atom
        Participant

Your welcome. Im always concerned I might damage them or something placing them in soil.

I did recently plant some seeds, had 100% success but I did notice the one strain Bubba pupil, the seeds shell did not want to come off. It keeps hanging on for few days, did some research and definitely remove them very carefully. It can prevent them from growing and even kill them. I learned that it is common thing among highly indica dominant strains.

Brad104
      Participant

@atom I used to do like you,but mostly I do clones but here of late since my great state of Ohio is recreational 💯 now.Ive been getting quite a few new strains with seeds.I was using the paper towel method @first but that way it’s very easy to get damage to your fresh tails,so now I soak them in bottled water for two days in a dark warm place and no more than two days they should all have tails,pour seeds onto something that will absorb the water like a towel and a pair of tweezers to pick up the seeds and place in soil tails down in the soil,so that you will have about 95% germination rate at least that is what I have been getting with my germination.i hope this helps whenever.You try to germinate again

P.S.@atom I still use recharge every crop,that was awesome advice and I appreciate you bro.Keep doing well my friend and grow them big buds 💯💯💯💯💯💯💯 bro

I appreciate all the advice you gave me, your a good dude and you know your shit brother,peace if you need anything holler back at me bro!

Topic tags

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close