Home Forums Grow Journal Purp

3 voices
6 replies
  • Author
      HomeGrown.1018
      Participant

This was the most purple plant I grew. It was an autoflower from Papa G Genetics. The strain is Sour Dark Devil. I started her indoors for the first two weeks then she went outside to finish. I harvested her in the second week of August so climate had nothing to do with her turning purple. I could only imagine how she would look it she was harvested in October when it starts to get chillier at night. I may do an auto run indoors and run her to see how purple I can really get her. But was definitely a fun plant to grow.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Spin
      Participant

I love Purple bud. I ran a Runtz last winter that got so purple it dried almost black. The leaves on it were so dark. I wish I had some pictures of it. Love seeing glistening tricomes on purple bud. Nice plant. I just did some autos for the first time. I did a solo cup challenge that was one I did 1 in a 1 gallon and another in a 2 gallon. I just popped 2 The Forge and 1 supreme Runtz and a Froot Fuel from sppedrun seeds. I hope they do good

HomeGrown.1018
      Participant

Thank you.
      This was it after it dried.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Atom
      Participant

Gotta love them purple girls. How long would you say these gals took? Hows the yeild on them? I have a limited experience with autos, only 4 outdoor grows. I cannot seem to get much more than an oz. Genetics im sure being biggest factors, ive heard of people getting 7 8 oz off one plant. I always go super light on nutes and container size, reading its easy to over do it. Im probably being to cautious lol

Check out my grape pupil grow journal. Great purple strain to grow.

HomeGrown.1018
      Participant

It was just over 2 ounces. Genetics play a big role on any strain. I usually run Mephisto Genetics or Synergy Automatic Genetics. I yield around 3-4 ounce a plant. With autos I always go a little lighter on the nutes just so I don’t burn them and stunt them since there life is so short. If you get into the longer life autos like the XXL autos you can definitely yield more but I do it for the quick turn around. But I always run at least a 3 gal pot but mostly 5 gallon. Sometimes I feel like 5 gallons is to big by looking at the rootball and sometimes it’s opposite. Autos definitely can be tricky but I try to keep it simple with them and aim for 3+ ounces and I’m happy if that happens.

Atom
        Participant

That’s pretty good yeild. That’s about what I get with my regular photos. How long from pop to chop though? I to always want for the 90-100 day strains so they would finsh about the time I put outdoor garden in.

HomeGrown.1018
      Participant

It really all depends on how the grow goes. I have gone from 65 ish to 100 days but I would say on average 80 ish days. I believe this one was 83 days looking at the dates in my photo gallery.

Topic tags

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close