Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation Roots

last updated by Racky 1 year, 5 months ago
5 voices
9 replies
  • Author
      Racky
      Participant

So i just noticed on my babies well young adults,  that their roots came up a lil bit then curve back into the soil. Is it ok to have some parts of root showing above soil by their trunks? Or should i cover them?

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Atom
      Participant

That’s normal just leave em be. Not exactly sure why it does it but it happens to mine alot, mostly outside. I think it’s just sorta an anchor.

Attachments:
        Somatek
        Participant

Soil compression and being washed away from the roots are usually why the emerge the longer you grow in a pot.  I plant a bit deeper, burying a bit of the trunk each time to minimise it from happening but it’s really not a big deal like you said.

Brad104
        Participant

My gals done that on the last run, I did plant the new gals a bit deeper and maybe they will not show so bad you know, but it definitely doesn’t hurt them to show you a bit under there skirt you know

Somatek
        Participant

It’s not a big deal but ideally the roots are covered and not exposed, just like a tree in your yard.

Brad104
      Participant

I love it just like the trees in your yard,it doesn’t get any plainer then that.

Keith
      Participant

It happened on my first grow.  I don’t believe it effected it at all.  But after a while I just took more dirt and covered it up.  The soil in the pot always goes down as you water more and more so there was room.

Racky
      Participant

Yeah im gonna top it off next time i water.

Attachments:
        Somatek
        Participant

That’s the most logical thing to do, there’s no reason to leave roots exposed as over time more will as the soil compresses/washes out and roots are meant to be buried, not growing above the soil.

Racky
      Participant

Flower time!!!

Attachments:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close