Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation Sex Test

last updated by Atom 1 year, 6 months ago
6 voices
8 replies
  • Author
      NoWorryLeaf
      Participant

Have any ever tried this? Usinf a DIY test for sexing cannabis?

LeafWorks Cannabis & Hemp DNA Sex Test

NeuroticTurtle
      Participant

looks like it would be balling out of control if they supported Canada.

Atom
      Participant

Yes heard of but haven’t tried. I’m sure it a useful tool for big grow ops.

Keith
      Participant

I could use one right now. This is the first batch of regs I’ve grown.  I’ve always used feminized seeds.   One of them took off like crazy and I’ve always just felt like it’s a male.

Brad104
      Participant

From my experience most of the time the biggest and best looking ones are males 9 out of 10 times in my experience.Just look for balls or hairs bro.Ive grew a bit outdoors when I was younger so I learnt when I was around 15 how to sex them

NoWorryLeaf
      Participant

I don’t know the science behind it, bit pricy I think. But apparently it can indicate gender like very early in grow. Even before it has balls or hair…… Just wondering if any growers tried other methods except for waiting to see what grows…

Atom
        Participant

I belive it is 3rd or 4th week you can get it tested. This is why I like clones, you never have to wonder.

Nate
        Participant

Yeah nothing worse than putting weeks of work into vegging a plant, to have it turn out to be male.

Atom
        Participant

Exactly. And actually some plants won’t even show till you flip them. I’ve seen a few, not very common but it does happen

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close