Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation Show Us those frosty buds!!

last updated by Racky 1 year, 6 months ago
9 voices
61 replies
  • Author
      Cannabliss
      Participant

We all want those frosty trichome engulfed nugs. Let’s see what You’ve produced so far.

Please do the community a solid & include breeder & strain info at least.

Other information you can include if you like is what you fed them, lighting used, how long the flower period was.. etc

Thank you in advance!

This here is Glueberry Muffins by Destiny Exotic genetics

9 week finisher –  blueberry muffins heavy on the nose. Very dense buds.

Cannabliss
      Participant

Thug pug & Secret society seed co collab

Night king x Lurch

In week 7-8 of flower.

All organic Dr Earth

Racky
      Participant

Racky
      Participant

Cannabliss
        Participant

The structure on those colas looks almost like my lit farms ice cream sundae. Which strain is that?

Racky
      Participant

Racky
      Participant

<p style=”padding-left: 40px;”></p>

Brad104
        Participant

Looks great 👍 like the rest of yours bro good farming dude @racky

Keith
      Participant

This has been my best so far. 

Cannabliss
        Participant

That’s a nice muffin top she got there! 🙌🏼🔥🔥😍

Keith
      Participant

Atom
      Participant

Keith
        Participant

Very nice bro

Atom
      Participant

Cannabliss
        Participant

Oooooh those colors! Trop cookies? 🍪

Atom
        Participant

Grape pupil

Cannabliss
        Participant

Ahhh nice! MassMedical?
        I have a couple Bubba pupil seeds.
        Literally 2 seeds.

Atom
        Participant

Yes sir. It’s a extremely tasty smoke, but not overly potent.

Somatek
        Participant

How many grape pupil have you grown out?  I’ve been meaning to pick up some Star Pupil to see what it’s like as the MMS collabs I’ve grown have all had solid potency.  I started following MMS as Dman mentions that Star Pupil is the only purple variety he was interested in working with as most are weak/uninteresting in his opinion.  Personally I love purple pot usually but recgonize it doesn’t have the heavy/narcotic buzz a lot of people look for.

I get the feeling that it’s kinda hit or miss, that if you need to hunt through a pack or two to find truly special plants whereas most of the inbred OG crosses/lines consistently produce strong, terpy plants even if they are utterly generic with little unique traits/quality to speak of.

Somatek
        Participant

Bubba Pupil can produce some nice plants, I grew it and Katsu Pupil.  Between the two the Bubba was slightly bigger on average vs the Katsu being more frosty and aromatic.  Both had solid potency without being as sedative/narcotic as the original cuts

Keith
        Participant

I hope my endgame looks like this.

Somatek
        Participant

If you’re looking for pretty colours and good flavour MMS will hit the mark, potency is what some people complain about (and personal politics, breeder drama but that’s not worth anything) but I’ve never had an issue there, although I’ve only really grown collabs with other breeders who grow strong weed like Dman or Katsu

Cannabliss
      Participant

This is my Thug pug collab #5 cut grown indoors. Dried for 15 days & 3 weeks cure in mason jars.

Atom
        Participant

Looks fire my man

Cannabliss
        Participant

Thanks!

Keith
        Participant

Fantastic!  I really hope to grow something this frosty.  I hope the ethos I’m growing now turns out this frosty

Cannabliss
        Participant

Fingers crossed bro 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

Brad104
      Participant

Keith
      Participant

Damn man i must’ve skipped over these 2 first pics you posted. That’s really great looking. I honestly can’t wait to grow something that frosty. I don’t even care how it fucking smokes, I just want a plant covered in that thick of frost. I just started ethos endgame right now and runtz too. There the best genetics I’ve run yet. After this I’ve got mindflayer from Solfire that I’m extremely pumped to grow. Also some seeds from cannarado that i think won’t let me down. I hope at least one of those gives me the plant in looking for. How long have you been growing?

Cannabliss
        Participant

I’ve been growing since early 2020. Just on a whim.

I really think you’re going to enjoy that Mind Flayer by Solfire if you want a frosty plant.

Cannarado  i’ve heard has some pretty solid gear as well.

Unholyfire
      Participant

Jack Herer

Unholyfire
      Participant

Purple Punch

Cannabliss
      Participant

Lowers on Glueberry Muffins by Destiny exotics

Cannabliss
      Participant

Dante’s Inferno by Tiki Madman &clearwater genetics – Just starting to flower. Already a frost machine.

Cannabliss
      Participant

Somatek
      Participant

There’s some truly beautiful shots of some caked buds, beautiful work everyone.

Here’s the only shot I could think of on my phone. Katsu Pupil, outdoor from last year (also dry farmed but didn’t do nearly as well as it only produced around a half lbs or so).  I’m not sure if I have pics of the GSC (forum cut) I use to grow anymore which was also a frost monster but I’ll toss some up if I do, Katsu Pupil was the more interesting plant regardless.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
        Atom
        Participant

Looks very similar to the pink cut grape pupil.

Somatek
        Participant

I’ve got a feeling Star Pupil is fairly dominant in it’s crosses, Katsu Pupil, Bubba Pupil and Stellar Collision (Star Pupil x Power load) all have a strong grape/berry/sweet undertone.  I expect the Pupil Magoo will look similar as well seeing as it’s a heavy indica cross.  I’m curious to try Eastcoasterlamb and Prayer Tower (prayer pupil x stellar collision) to see if they’re similar, one of these days I’ll get around to trying Star Pupil as I feel like I should buy at least a pack to support MMS after all the crosses I’ve grown from him generously gifted by Dman years ago.

Nate
      Participant

Here’s a shot of the purple Kush I grew last run.

I forgot to get a closeup unfortunately.

Somatek
        Participant

Looks great for a beginner, it’s awesome seeing so many healthy plants from beginners. I use to love BC’s purple kush cut, really nice rosin yields and that classic kush taste.  Where did you get your PK seeds/cut?

Nate
        Participant

Thanks, I got clones from a friend of mine who’s been growing for years. It was a rough start because the mom was an outdoor plant that he brought back inside, so it had PM. Then on top of that, he had the clones in the tent with the mom, and I was finishing up the prior run, and he had to flip to flower because he ran out of room in the tent. So I had to do a Re-veg and deal with PM at the same time. So all things considered, it came out pretty good.

Keith
      Participant

This was from my first grow.  I was so damn proud.

Cannabliss
        Participant

I wish my first grow came out like that. I’ll post it somewhere lol just not here. It doesn’t check any of the boxes 😂😂

Those pics are on the pc too. Can’t get em now.

Somatek
        Participant

Now we need a thread about first grow pics lol.  I really just want an excuse to bust out the old snap shots lol

Racky
      Participant

bruce banner

Attachments:
        Cannabliss
        Participant

Is that from DarkHorse genetics?

Cannabliss
      Participant

Cannabliss
      Participant

Same cut.. just outdoors & organic

Somatek
      Participant

Not sure how I forgot my favourite pic of Stellar Collision #5 and it’s caked goodness.

Cannabliss
        Participant

That’s amazing!

Somatek
        Participant

These were taken around week 7, a couple weeks from finish as I usually chop around 9 which is when she gets really frosty, but that’s when my friend was free with his lights to snap some proper pics.  Which is always a factor looking at pics online, used properly you won’t be able to see flash photography but it’ll drastically accentuate the frost.  In reality the other pic of Katsu Pupil probably had more trichs but was shot under ambient lights without any side lighting to highlight the trichs.  Pictures are pretty but don’t actually tell us much.

Anonymous
      Inactive

She still has some time left but she does look like a vampire on Twilight.

Cannabliss
        Participant

Nice! What strain?  Looks like something that came from a reputable farm.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Just bag seeds, my first grow wanted to get my mistakes out on free seeds. Just set up second tent, now got a veg and flower tent. Put some Jack Herer from ilgm in the ground today. I’m have to learn how to clone in about 8-9 weeks.

Cannabliss
        Participant

Whenever you find those gems, always take clones. I am running a bag seed outside in a 1gallonn pot. Out of 2 seeds I found, one was a female. She’s a sativa leaner with much a much thinner leaf structure. She’s beautiful. I will come back with my phone to show pics.

Cannabliss
        Participant

Here she is.

I named her Tripple Aye

Somatek
        Participant

Congrats on having such a sparkly girl on your first grow!

Jack Herer is a classic, although highly variable depending where it comes from as the original seeds were a cross of Skunk, Northern Lights and Haze.  Compared to most parts of growing cloning is pretty simple, I’m sure you’ll have no problem figuring it out but obviously there’s plenty of advice and tips available if you have any questions.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Thanks sir, it seems this is a good place for advice, very active members I am sure everyone is trying to get points and things will slow down.

Cloning is a little ways out still but when that gets closer I am sure I will have questions.

I have a lot to learn in many areas but so far things going well.

Somatek
        Participant

I have a lot to learn after 20 years of growing and am picking up new things all the time, it’s endless but that’s what sucks growers in lol.

It’ll be interesting to see how the dynamics change once the contest is done.  I imagine the traffic will stay up but there will hopefully just be less spam threads cluttering things up

Racky
      Participant

BB

Attachments:
      Racky
      Participant

Getting it!!

Attachments:
      Racky
      Participant

Almost

Attachments:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close