Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation Strain Colors

last updated by Atom 1 year, 6 months ago
7 voices
13 replies
  • Author
      NoWorryLeaf
      Participant

Well here I think is another interesting topic. Strain colors, look I love all the colors and my aim is to grow some of these beautiful ones. I know there are two criteria’s temperature and then genetics. I do feel sometimes that pictures when buying seeds are decieving as you think  ‘wow’ – I will have these colors just to find out that the advertising pics where taken during colder periods and that it is not part of the genetics when you grow them.

Do you have a list of strains –  that the bright colors, deep dark black or purple is actually part of genetics?

Atom
      Participant

There’s one strain I can definitely vouch for that will start turning purple on day 10 of flower. Grape pupil from mass medical strains. I’ve been growing it a for a few years now, great strain to grow. Very beautiful.

NoWorryLeaf
      Participant

I am following him on INSTA – they are to die for

Atom
        Participant

I’ve grown both the grape pupil and putang. I didn’t care for putang, definitely heavy sativa high. It tasted pretty good but grew a bit airy and yields less than grape and the other strain I run. It definitely had grapefruit flavor going if your into that

Somatek
        Participant

MMS has some interesting gear because of the Star Pupil which tends to bring a lot of colours to his crosses.  I’ve grown Stellar Collision and Katsu Pupil from him, I have a couple Pupil Magoo in veg at the moment and a bunch of his gear that Dman gave me awhile ago.  Nice genetics, his a bit heavy on the marketing and bro science

Keith
      Participant

I chose endgame by ethos this run bc I wanted to see some colorful/ purple buds.  I also believe the stock pics to be deceiving, but I’m about to find out.  Here’s the stock photo of endgame.  

Atom
        Participant

They all are bro. There probably not even smoking these buds, There grown only for the purpose of huge chunky bud. Likely pumped with nutes as much as it will take. I’ve seen some fire looking buds, only to smoke them and there harsh and taste like dirt. It’s because it full of extra nutrients that only result in yield and not flavor.

Brad104
      Participant

I’m doing the purple 🟣 ghost candy and the purple queen at the moment as far as color goes.

NeuroticTurtle
      Participant

In theory my current Grandaddy Purple x Black Willie could go some shade of purple, with black leaves.  I dunno, I’ll be keeping an eye on it for sure though.

NoWorryLeaf
      Participant

Pla share your grow – love to see when colors pop

Nate
      Participant

I had a northern lights cross go purple on me. I think it might’ve been the temps though, I’m not sure it was a little bit ago. It’s a little bit hard to see because it’s under HPS lights.

Nate
        Participant

It didn’t let me post two pictures for some reason.

NoWorryLeaf
        Participant

That is just incredible…..

Nate
        Participant

She was a nice plant for sure. It unfortunately hermed on me though since it was a accidental cross with a Hermie. It turned out to be almost fully seeded, so I just ran it through a baking seive to make half assed dry sift. But it was definitely a fun one to grow.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close