Forums

Home Forums Q&A Suggestions

9 voices
49 replies
  • Author
      Cannabliss
      Participant

Post your suggestions on what you think can improve this space.
      We can all chip in  & organize information on a for the viewers by the viewers kinda thing.

I think we’re ready for those “like” buttons but don’t think they will come til tomorrow (guessing)

I really like the option to post videos. That’s going to take journals, help sections & just about everything in general to another level.

Brad104
      Participant

From what I see so far,you guys social page is just like your equipment!

TOP SHELF

Nate
      Participant

I think the GUI is a little finicky when trying to make posts. I think a big thing that needs to be fixed is when a post fails to be posted for whatever reason, all the work that went into it is gone. It’d be nice if it would save it as a draft or something.

I also tried to post a grow journal, and when I posted it, it said it was “awaiting moderation”. Not sure what that’s about, but it’d be nice if there was somewhere you could find your posts to see if it has been approved or not.

Overall though, I think this is a great idea, and I’m looking forward to how this comes together.

asa.eco
        Participant

I agree, the GUI is weird, if u try to use different fonts it doesnt use them and u get computer code in the begining of what u wrote (for example <font:timesnew> and <spam>). You can only upload 1 pic at a time which is super time consuming.

Nate
        Participant

Yeah I think that was the issue I was having with posting my grow journal. I managed to get it to post finally by posting it as text only, and then posting each picture as a separate reply.

Keith
        Participant

Yes.  I just lost a post I spent 10 minutes on.

Spider Farmer
        Keymaster

Hello, this problem is fixed. 🙂  So sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for your feedback. We will reward 100 points to you. 😀

Nate
        Participant

Sweet, thanks!

Brad104
      Participant

A spider farmer forum app

Brad104
      Participant

Are you guys “spider farmer forum” going to have it were we can like replays from friends or everyone just as long as we can show people that we care about the things they are telling us.Thank you in advance SF

Keith
        Participant

I agree, sometimes you don’t want to reply just to thank someone, and a like button would do that

Spider Farmer
        Keymaster

hi, the like button for replies is available now. 🙂

Cannabliss
      Participant

I guess to really get this going we are going to need moderators/customer service to be available here in a regular basis. That would help the customers first & foremost, as well as making sure the forum remains in order.

Cannabliss
      Participant

We need a little help bubble in the editor above to explain which file types we can upload. Maybe something we can hover over?

I’ve tried to upload video straight from my library, but the file type isn’t accepted.

Cannabliss
      Participant

<video controls=”controls” width=”300″ height=”150″>
      <source src=”Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg(): gd-jpeg: JPEG library reports unrecoverable error: Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x00 0x00 in /www/wwwroot/forum.spider-farmer.com/wp-content/plugins/image-upload-for-bbpress/bbp-image-upload.php on line 189Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg(): ‘/tmp/php3Lheje’ is not a valid JPEG file in /www/wwwroot/forum.spider-farmer.com/wp-content/plugins/image-upload-for-bbpress/bbp-image-upload.php on line 189Warning: imagecreatefrompng(): ‘/tmp/php3Lheje’ is not a valid PNG file in /www/wwwroot/forum.spider-farmer.com/wp-content/plugins/image-upload-for-bbpress/bbp-image-upload.php on line 190Warning: imagecreatefromgif(): ‘/tmp/php3Lheje’ is not a valid GIF file in /www/wwwroot/forum.spider-farmer.com/wp-content/plugins/image-upload-for-bbpress/bbp-image-upload.php on line 191Error” /></video>

This is what I get. File is an MOV.file

Keith
      Participant

A site tutorial would be helpful.  Something that let’s us know what all we can do.  Can I quote someone?  How do I share links?  Stuff like that.  I’m not very technically savvy and some of the icons are lost on me.  I’ve used forums before for months manually doing things that they had a button to do automatically, but just never knew it until someone mentioned it to me.

Spider Farmer
        Keymaster

Hi, this idea is cool, we will make a tutorial and optimize the forum to make it easier for users to use.

Keith
      Participant

A trade/swap or for sale section would be cool.

Cannabliss
        Participant

A Trading/Tag Sale Section would be cool.

Keith
      Participant

One last thing, when I press the back button I wish it would just take me back to the last page I was on and not erase the last action I performed.

Keith
      Participant

Maybe an area where I can find my threads.  Or if there is one am easier way to find it.

Cannabliss
        Participant

You can find that on your profile. There’s a menu to pull up. You can pull up all of your activity & posts/topics started

Keith
        Participant

I literally just saw that but I think they just did that earlier today.  I looked all over this morning for a list of my threads but couldn’t find them.  Then a min ago I was on my profile and there they were.  Not saying that it couldn’t have been my mistake, lol, but I swear I think they just updated that.

Cannabliss
        Participant

I noticed it this morning on my pc so you may be right there.

Keith
        Participant

Thank you for answering though.  Maybe by the end of this contest we won’t hate each other.

Cannabliss
      Participant

I just noticed there is no Terms of service available for users to read. A set of boundaries should be set to keep things cool in here. Have I missed it?

Keith
        Participant

No I don’t think so.  There’s should be a couple threadsthat explain things and welcome people that you have to look through as you enter the forums.  And a damn tutorial!

Keith
      Participant

Every time I post something is giving me an error message telling me I tried to post twice.  It is posting it though.

Keith
      Participant

So on the thread before I enter it says the last update was by cannabliss but when I scroll to the bottom there’s nothing there from him.

Cannabliss
      Participant

I see the “Newbie” Name tag on our profiles. Does this mean we have a seniority system?

Is there a way where a system can be set up for Users losing points for spreading misinformation/bad advice?

There is on thing to assume one can help another, but who’s to say malicious activity will keep it’s distance?

How about creating a Member of the Month “Title”?

Based on helpfulness, honesty and overall activity.

Maybe we can put all the winners in a random generator for a Yearly prize?

Cannabliss
      Participant

Is it me, or do the notifications seem off? They also like to linger. I’ll be online and get a pop-up
      on the screen stating “So and so replied to a post 7hrs 34mins ago” on something I posted a couple hours back.

Also when we click into a thread, can we be brought to the last part we left off instead of starting at the beginning?

If we click on a notification, can we be navigated to the respective post rather than the start of the thread?
      As the replies lay with this format.. it’s possible for a new reply to not wind up located at the end of the thread.
      We are made to fish for the reply.

Nate
        Participant

I agree that it’s frustrating trying to find the reply that you had a notification from. I noticed that in the forum section when you see who updated it last, you can click on where it says 2 hours ago or whatever, and it’ll take you right to the post, so it shouldn’t be too hard for them to figure out. Also it seems that the timestamp on the posts is in a different time zone, and it’d be nice to have them shown in the local time of the user.

Cannabliss
        Participant

Yes. All correct. Also when I click on the notification that says someone mentioned me, it goes to my page & says there’s nothing available. Idk, but it’s weird.

Atom
      Participant

I’d like to make a suggestion to spider farmer. Would it be possible to have it take you directly to the post you have been commenting on? When I click the notification it only takes me to the top of thread and have to search threw to figure out where my comments we’re and who replied. I realize it’s new, but feel this would help us a ton. Thanks

Somatek
        Participant

You beat me to it as I was going to say it’d be a lot easier if when you clicked on a notification it took you to the specific new comment instead of having to look through the whole thing to find it.

Same goes for “mentions” as I rarely see the actual posts as when I click on it I get redirected to my profile page mention section, which inevitably says there’s no new mentions…  Also sorry to anyone for any mentions I don’t reply to as I never saw them

Atom
        Participant

I have to imagine there working on things. Some things need worked on,but off to a good start I think

Keith
        Participant

Yes I agree.

Cannabliss
      Participant

Can we have reaction options other than a simple like button?

Laughing

sad

happy

WOW

Love

etc..

Anyone wanna request any specific ones?

Keith
      Participant

A favorite icon or bookmark icon or something that let’s us save posts and replies we want to save would be awesome.  If there is already one, then just a tutorial on how to use the forum, lol.

Somatek
      Participant

A “new post” tab would be lovely to see all the new content posted since you were last on the forums.  That combined with being taken to the new content when you open a post would make it much easier to find new answers and reply to them.  I have no idea how many posts I’m not answering as I see “mentions” all the time but rarely the corresponding post.

Cannabliss
        Participant

I had an issue with seeing my “mentions” before. It would take me to my profile and request i use a different filter.

Now it takes me to the same page, but I’ll see the mention there by itself. This is using the PC tho. I gave up on my phone.. hence my lack of activity.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Cannabliss.
        Somatek
        Participant

Yeah, whenever I hit mention it takes me to my profile but only shows an old thanksgiving post.  Which reminds me I should probably mention I don’t celebrate any holidays other then 420, 710 and legalization day (oct 17); I didn’t even notice that until days later lol.

I just realised I can use my phone to look at the forums, for some reason it never clued in as there isn’t an app lol.

Brad104
      Participant

How about a game of some sort to test our knowledge and witt on your equipment and a certain amount of points for correct answers and you could not post answers so no one would copy just post how many right answers have been answered.

Somatek
        Participant

I think the boards need proper moderation and cleaning up before they start any new games/contest/etc or else the useful info will get buried under a mountain of spam.

NeuroticTurtle
        Participant

hmmmmm…. ok but what with? baked beans perhaps….

my favorite part about this clip is the watermark at the end that shows the original youtube channel.

edit: we need a dislike button for spam posts, please.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by NeuroticTurtle. Reason: extra spam, ipso post facto
        Somatek
        Participant

Well played!  Couldn’t think of a more topical post lol

Somatek
      Participant

In retrospect after posting pics of my recent trip to the ER, I realised being able to mark pics “NSFW” so they’re blurred until clicked on might be a useful feature as the forums go.  Since people have vastly different ideas about what’s interesting/appropriate to post, giving readers the ability to control what they see might avoid some issues and make the moderators job easier.  If there’s a clear rule about what content must be marked “NSFW” with an accurate description of what it is and that anyone who opens such content automatically consents to viewing it, whatever it may be it avoids censorship and people being offended.

Which just made me think, is there clear rules about acceptable content that clearly states bigotted/racist/anti Semitic/Islamaphobic/sexist/homophobic/transphobic/etc comments won’t be tolerated and are reason to ban someone if they persist after being warned?  Did a Terms of Use ever get written to establish community guidelines?

Brad104
      Participant

I think that you should be able to go over people post before you let it post so petty arguments cannot happen or anything hurtful said to anyone else. Just a thought

Somatek
      Participant

The option to block users so people would be useful and is common on forums to reduce conflict by enabling people to see who’s content they see/who sees their posts.

Brad104
      Participant

I think that everyone should be treated as equal in a contest forum such as this one wasn’t but you do have 40 minutes to rectify the wrong in which is taking place in this contest!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close