Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation Under the sun

last updated by Atom 1 year, 6 months ago
3 voices
14 replies
  • Author
      Atom
      Participant

I know it’s an indoor grow network but want to create a space to show off some outdoor works and share some tips. Outdoor can be brutal in some locations and isn’t for the faint of heart.

Atom
      Participant

Here’s my girls this year. Having alot of mold and aphid problems harvest is early like most years. It’s what pushed me to grow indoor.

Loves2Trim
      Participant

A buddy of mine suggested that the Burce Banner #3 strain was outdoor hardy and resistant to mold.

I did 6 clones outside this year in 5 gallon buckets with some indoor potting soil i found in my shed.

I was shoccked first that I didnt have my famous yellowing tips. Also being left alone they produced very nicely and survived a couple weeks of very wet rainy mornings with just 1 quarter inch sized piece of ruined bud.

Atom
        Participant

I’ll definitely be getting a new strain for outdoor next year. It’s what I had, I kinda did a budget grow. Spent about 300 for entire thing. Even with mold loss I’ll still make out well. It’s the knowing the potential if things would have went differently, but that’s farming. Mother nature can be a bitch

Loves2Trim
      Participant

Yeah a good strain should definitely help. Excellent set up man that place looks relaxing!

Loves2Trim
      Participant

You have any sort of fan set up in there? or does a prevailing wind blow through there? Maybe a little of wind and tiny bit of defoliation might help.

Atom
        Participant

It’s wide open accept one side facing the neighbors. There new and don’t want any problems. Law says cannot be visible without the aid of binoculars from neighbors. I’m a hermit so never met them. I’m sure they smell it lol.

There’s also 2 box fans I have up top. It’s pretty much over though, I could try and let them go more but honestly I’m ok with it. I did test run of hash wash, things are absolutely amazing so been working getting it all down, into turkey bags and in freezer. Been windy and cold AF past few days 🥶

Atom
        Participant

I didn’t defoliate at all because there in super soil so they didn’t get any feeding other than recharge cal mag and silica. Any nutrients it can get will be stored in the leaves so I wanted ot to have em if it needed.

There is ine plant that wasn’t organic it’s the purple one in the middle. Couldn’t fit it in flower room so I tossed it outside

Loves2Trim
      Participant

Awesome work! Im curious about your super soil. I have a heaping compost pile I keep adding to but never use lol

Atom
        Participant

That would make great super soil. Anything really as a base, you’ll probably want to add some perlite. I always just buy some happy frog or whatever is on sale.

Basically I dump that out into a kids little plastic swing pool, add a list of about 7 or 8 different amendments, mix it well for about 10 mins, it’s a pain but you want it mixed really well. I’ve heard cement mixer will work really good. You mix em all dry then wet it a bit, mix, wet till its wet but not soaked. Return to bags. Once a week for 2 months you dump it all out mix well, back in bag.

All that prep work comes at the advantage of never needing to use nutrition and its 100% organic. Some people use teas, I’m new to it really so learned that’s probably a good idea around bud set. Ill add some kinda booster next year.

Brad104
      Participant

That’s a good job dude, considering your location bro.Im one who knows what a Michigan winter ❄️🥶 is about my dude,So you should be patting yourself on the back,so great job!

Atom
        Participant

It all comes put in the wash 😃

Atom
      Participant

So they look great from a distance but I Wana show some of the problems I had. Here’s some of the bud rott I encountered. Each plant had some ranging from few buds, to roughly 10%. The ones closest to the edge got more rain from the wind I’m sure.

Atom
      Participant

Here’s some shots of aphids having a buffet of my plants. They were pretty bad, this plant was probably the worst.

Atom
      Participant

When you use super soil,you only use the bottom 1/4 or 1/3 with actual super soil because it’s pretty hot, you don’t want fresh roots from transplant hitting it. But it’s pretty obvious from this pic it loves it. There was a massive root mass where the super soul was. Just a thick matt if it. Kinda cool imo 😎 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close