Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation Veging length before flipping under bud

2 voices
2 replies
  • Author
      Brad104
      Participant

How do you guys judge the length of your veging time.I understand some people use a many different stress techniques (high/low) stress training our plants and I am just wondering what it is that you look for before flipping to under bud?

Somatek
      Participant

I look for the right plant size for the density I’m planting at.  If it’s 64 plants on a 4×4 then I’d veg to 8-12″ and flip.  If I’m planting one plant in that space I’ll veg and train it for 6 weeks or so to fill the space to 75% before flipping and filling out a scrog net or anywhere in between.  It also depeends on the plant, Sensi Star is smaller/more compact then most varieties I grow so needs to be vegged longer to fill an equal space.  Garlic Cookies seems to want to grow long gangly branches and I’m guessing will need a shorter veg time to match the other plants growth.  So simple things like whether you’re monocropping or not will affect the veg time.

Brad104
      Participant

That’s an excellent answer as always @somatek I knew that there’s many variables that can change the length of veging.I was just trying to find out if there was a specific number that most of us flip to under bud .I searched bar the question saw there was nothing and thought that this would be a good discussion about it.

Topic tags

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close