Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation VPD – Vapor Pressure Deficit

6 voices
11 replies
  • Author
      Cannabliss
      Participant

There is a lot to absorb when it comes to creating optimal conditions for our garden. I have collected a couple of links I thought gave me the best understanding of what VPD is.

https://drygair.com/blog/vpd-vapor-pressure-deficit/

Vapor Pressure Deficit – The Ultimate Guide

https://pulsegrow.com/blogs/learn/vpd

Cannabliss
      Participant

How does everyone monitor their grow space environment? I use an inkbird Ibs-th1 & th2 wireless Bluetooth hygrometers. I also have the Th3 model, but haven’t implemented it yet. Possibly going to use it for my curing jars.
      I love the monitor though. I can connect & see multiple environments at the same time.
      Currently monitoring the 4×4 in flower & the drying tent. 

Brad104
      Participant

That’s a awesome hygrometer dude.Inkbird does sell quality products.Ive got a inkbird hygrometer but it’s only battery less and not wi fi capable but the meter works great.Ive also used a few other inkbird products.Theyre a solid reputable company for certain!

Keith
      Participant

I use the ac controller to monitor.  It’s only Bluetooth so when I’m in the house I have to go near the back door or if I’m sitting on the couch i have to raise my phone in the air and it’ll pick up signal and I can check it. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve done that and then immediately ran out back to adjust something.  Now I have a wifi temp controller from inkbird.  I really want to get a wifi hygrometer.  They’re not expensive, I’ll prob get one soon.

Nate
      Participant

I use a cheap govee thermometer/hygrometer off Amazon. It’s Bluetooth which is nice, and it tracks all of your data on a graph which is cool too. It will also calculate VPD and dew point for you. The only downside is it isn’t wifi, so you have to be within Bluetooth range to check it. I’m thinking of getting a wifi enabled one from the same brand so I can check on my plants from work.

Keith
        Participant

For the few extra bucks wifi costs I think it’s worth it.  I need to do the same for the rh.  I wish I would’ve got the inkbird temp and humidity controller but the wifi temp controller was 50% off that day.

Nate
        Participant

Yeah I just wish I had gotten a wifi one in the first place. Oh well, I’ll just have two lol.

Atom
      Participant

I use the ac infinity control module. It does connect to wifi but I have yet to set it up. I’ve only had it for about 6 weeks, I have 2 older model ones as well. My room stays pretty consistent although it would be cool to have a record of it all.

Here’s a shot with light off. It will drop down to about 74 after the veg light turns off. I took out the AC so I have a little less control of lowering temps. It goes up to 80-82 with light on.

Somatek
      Participant

I have a couple inkbird data loggers (not sure the model numbers) for temp/humidity and one of their temp/humidity controllers for my older 6″ vent fan (can’t remember which brand off hand), as well as an infinity.  Although I’ll probably try Spider Farms version for my next fan as I’m not horribly impressed with AC infinity in general as I’ve had two controllers die within a couple years.

Brad104
      Participant

I know that it’s definitely cold on this side of the US,so I need to check all of my hygrometers I have 3 total

Cannabliss
        Participant

Oh yes! It’s getting very scary for outdoor plants that have yet to finish.  I have a bag seed out there in a small pot, and I’m shocked she’s still holding up fine. The 7gal pot is doing awesome, but that was expected given the breeder. Thug pug Genetics packs aren’t pricey for nothing.

Brad104
        Participant

Hey bro as you know I am going to be growing in my 4x4closet space so do you think if I get the SF 6inch inline fan and the WiFi humidity and temperature model set it up to my numbers that I will then be ok for I’m not going to be air tite you know but I been seeing people use a 2nd fan would that be necessary or can I do very well with the SF unit I described thanks in advance bro

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close