Home Forums Lifestyle What are you toking?

3 voices
36 replies
  • Author
      Somatek
      Participant

I just realised there isn’t a “what are you smoking today” thread, a classic of all grow forums…

Tonight was a salad my friend recommended, Blissful Shark Punch, a mix of Blissful Wizard, OG Shark and Purple Punch.  Very tasty with a range from acrid to astringent with distinct gas, pine and a slight sour note at points.  Really nice effect, I’m both ready to lay down and be a couch potato while my mind is racing.  I kept forgetting I was cooking supper and not just enjoying a doobie lol

Nice white ash,  I really missed rolling with Club papers, such thin but strong papers.

A bit of oily resin forming by the end, not dripping off though.  Overall good commercial bud, solid triple A.

What is everyone else toking today?

Somatek
      Participant

Busy day so it was a dab of rosin from the other day to start things off.  Nice clean taste, although the terp profile is pretty generic with mostly pine and earthy/musky flavours.  Three more samples to test today as the press warms up for one more squish.

Nate
      Participant

No shade intended, I’m genuinely curious, are east coasters the only ones who put filters in our joints? I always hated smoking hippie joints, they always seemed really messy. I knew some people from BC that came out here, and they hadn’t even heard of the concept of filtering a joint lol.

Somatek
        Participant

Filters are more effective at filtering THC then tar as it condenses at a lower temp, which is why bongs are not a healthy way to toke even though I love them it’s one of many bad habits I embrace lol.

So, to answer your question I personally don’t use filters unless it’s part of the joint I’m rolling (tulip, cross, etc) and spin up hippie spliffs when I roll.  A lot of people, especially younger 20-30 year olds use filters like civilized souls, even if it’s not as healthy.

Nate
      Participant

I didn’t know it filtered thc to be honest. We are talking about the rolled up cardboard ones right? I just always used them because I don’t like sloppy joints that get weed in my mouth lol.

Somatek
        Participant

Yep, although marginal at most.  High Times published an article years ago from Norml looking at the THC:Tar ratio of different methods of toking.  Forced air convection vapes (aka volcano style) were the best, unfiltered joints where the next and then I believe regular doobies, pipe, bongs and the old fishbowl vapes were last.  That was 20 years ago though, maybe there’s no info but I haven’t seen anything personally as any smoking is looked down on these days…

Nate
        Participant

Okay, fair enough. Good info. I personally don’t smoke heavily enough for me to need to be worried about the safety of tar content. I just recently gave up e-cigs, and smoked for like 10 years before that, so what little I get from weed is no biggie for me lol.

Somatek
        Participant

Yeah, it’s more the principle of getting every last drop out of the grow.  That or justification to be lazy and not use a filter…

So the big unanswered question…. What have you been toking today?

Nate
        Participant

Today was just a mix of my homegrown purple kush, and some San Rafael tangerine dream that i got at the LC, and I vaped it out of my dry herb vape. Nothing special, just relaxing after a long ass week lol.

Somatek
      Participant

Meh, the rosin I was smoking was definitely mediocre and nothing special considering the bud it was made from wasn’t great.  It’s not about bragging or showing off but socializing and getting to know people, what they like to toke.

Tangerine Dream is a nice variety, I grew it for a couple years and then cut it for Delahaze which is very similar but had a orange creamsicle taste instead of just the straight sweet orange from Tangerine Dream.  Both had the same light, stimulating high.

Somatek
      Participant

The best part of being done squishing rosin for now is wiping the collector clean on a paper for a nice saturday afternoon doobie.  Hopefully this joint meets @Nate high standards lol.  So much pressure to show we do know how to roll into Ontario…

It’s a healthy day today, making a proper salad for the mind out of the last 5 bits of the varieties my buddy sent in a care package: Blissful Wizard, OG Shark, Purple Punch, Honey Buns and Garlic Toast.

Conveniently it was the perfect amount to fill the paper, nice that somethings working out today lol.

Gotta add a snake of (very gummy) bubble hash that desperately clung to my fingers to try and avoid death by flame…

Pressure’s off as it rolled up nice and slick with no creases to be critiqued lol.

Properly finished with a tucked end and filter.  Now for a walk to enjoy Ottawa St and it’s funky shops while blasted to the moon and beyound.  Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday.

Brad104
      Participant

I would love to share that beautiful specimen there it looks to be on point.Im still smoking on the peyote gorilla I recently cut.Its a good buzz and taste,but after a few weeks of smoking the same strain I am going to switch it up tomorrow and go get a nice vape pen for the week.

Somatek
        Participant

<p>I probably needed a person or two to share it with as it both left my mind racing, while my eyes where wanting to go to bed with a shit eating grin on my face… It was a fun walk down one of my favourite streets filled with funky little shops and a cheese store.  Which if I’m being honest is why I love the street as good cheese is life, especially after a ridiculous doobie</p>

Somatek
      Participant

Tonight I went legal, very tasty drink and actually got me stoned as most edibles don’t, which is also why it’s sideways as I’m too tired/sleepy after supper to transfer it to my computer and fix it before posting lol

Brad104
      Participant

That drink is awesome dude, I had no idea that they were drinks available with THC/CBD infused in them I hope you enjoyed it and it tasted half way decent my friend

Somatek
        Participant

It’s got as much sugar as a can of pop and otherwise tasted like lemonade.  Gave me a good buzz and got me ready for bed.  People complain about the legal market but in some areas they’re just better.  Like I said BM edibles don’t affect me usually, this gave me a good buzz despite being only 10mg of THC due to over regulation.  There’s some products I simply wouldn’t buy from the BM, like CBD lube, as I’ve seen how things are manufactured and definitely wouldn’t trust putting that on my junk lol.  Coming from a regulated market with the same standards or higher as pharmaceuticals though I have no problem.

Brad104
      Participant

I totally understand that, I never take anything when the side effects are worse than what you are trying to cure. I wish you well my friend and have a good week ahead.

Somatek
      Participant

Tonight I’m sampling another legal product as I need to understand the market if I’ll be selling the products.  So I’ve been hitting a Bonne Nuit vape cart from Madge and Mercer coming in at 20% THC, 50%CBD and 10% CBN.  Worked nicely during the day to manage the pain from my gouged left hand which is looking a but rough after 2 days of hanging dry wall as a couple stiches have stretched/torn a bit (although it’s nice and pink with no signs of infection so far).  Lovely effects although the terps are a bit heavy and were mostly likely added.  It has a strong lemon/pine taste, which would be nice if it was milder/more natural instead of tasting kind of like a warhead sour candy…

Brad104
      Participant

I totally understand I’m going to pick me up my weekly tomorrow hopefully, I love the vapes,they fry me and take away all my anxiety and I just love the hybrids in them or you can get strictly sativa or indica it’s just more acceptable around here than just burning a joint you know anyway enjoy your vape tonight it looks good

Somatek
        Participant

Like I’ve previously said I don’t use the terms “indica, sativa or hybrid” as their vague, add little to describing the plant and are often misleading.  I find it more useful to describe the plants by their traits; stimulating vs sedative, long vs short flowering, etc.

Hope you find a good score when you go for your weekly stock up tomorrow and be sure to share some pics/descriptions of what you get.

Brad104
      Participant

Yes I will do I’m going to be leaning towards something with a sedative effect then so I can control my anxiety you know.Thanks buddy how in the heck are you going to stay awake tomorrow at work I’m on Eastern standard time I don’t think you are more than a hour difference but Canada is a huge place so I have no idea what time it is for you To me right now it’s 4:08 am what time is it where you are in the huge Canadian provinces

Somatek
        Participant

I’m not working for the next 3 days at least, my next scheduled shifts are Thurs/Sat/Sun although my friend may need a hand for a day next week. So other then a pile of jobs/chores to get done, I’ve got a couple days off work. I was up chatting with my niece, catching up and asking her about designing me a new logo as I’ve decided to start a separate social media account to separate my personal life from my professional one now that I’ll be working in a pot shop.  I have a lot of strong opinions about the regulations and the kakistocracy we live under and wouldn’t want my anarchist, hedonistic tendencies to reflect poorly on the company.  So I was busy throwing ideas around with her and that had my mind racing.  Plus my friend was teasing me all day and inspired a fun theme to run with.  The CBD is losing out the CBN though.

It’s pretty common that I’ll go to sleep around 12-2am and be awake between 4-8am regardless of whether I’m working or not.

Brad104
      Participant

I heard that I have my days and nights mixed up now for I take care of my stuff during the evening hours so I am generally up all night and sleep during the day.I am happy that you are off for the weekend and it’s needed from the looks of your hand.Jist kick back and take it easy and relax you are going to need it and try not to use your bad hand, take care and enjoy your time off I will be speaking with you again later ok buddy b safe

Somatek
        Participant

Thanks and very solid advice, although I’ve already failed as I’ve been working on finishing the light stand since I got up around 10.  Now I have to deal with amazon’s incompetent as they failed to change the delivery date on grow gear I need, the driver didn’t follow the instructions and tried to use the wrong door and now the package is marked “undeliverable” and is being returned instead.  Which means I don’t have anything to transplant my crop into and am kind of screwed as there’s nothing local I can use, I can’t wait 2 weeks for a new package to be sent and hope they deliver it this time when 2 out of 3 drivers ignore the instructions and use the wrong door.  So it looks like I’ll have to give the plants away and skip a crop, nothing like loosing close to a pound of bud because of Amazon’s incompetence and piss poor customer service.

Brad104
      Participant

That’s horrible my friend damn, I hate to hear that.I know that sucks,there’s not a store anywhere near you were you can get some pots and dirt to be able to pot them, and damn I figured you would have someone to ask for assistance,I mean I’ve got 5 different people I know that grow and we help each other from time to time.I hope you get straight my friend

Somatek
        Participant

Growing in pots won’t work in my set up and are too much of a liability.  I know plenty of growers but the planters I ordered are very specific and no one has anything similar.  I’m not going to risk hurting my back using gear that doesn’t fit my needs when I can just give the plants away instead, not when a lbs only costs $350 as that doesn’t make sense.  Easier to just accept the situation then stress about it and learn not to use amazon as an exploitative business that’s not worth the risk.  I think they’ve managed to deliver maybe 2 or 3 packages out of the dozen I’ve ordered without me having to call and tell them their drivers are being lazy, incompetent twits and need to follow the instructions to use the back door and not the front.

Brad104
      Participant

I was gonna go get a vape today,buDid as a friend suggested that I slow down and I forgot about all the bottom limbs I’d saved back in a nice cool damp place so I’m back on the peyote gorilla for a minute,but I enjoy it it’s a very good smoke for relaxing and anxiety

Somatek
        Participant

I think slowing down and making a plan is a good idea.  Why would you buy a vape when you have to get your grow set up and you’ve been talking about how tight your budget is?

Brad104
        Participant

I totally understand and he it ,I wasn’t 🤔 thinking about you using special planters,but the way you are setting up it’s a must for you I’d assume. I also slowed down a bit and I remember all the trim I had left to smoke,so I had a pretty good day yesterday and today for I just woke up and baked myself, enjoy your weekend my friend

Brad104
        Participant

Because my stash I thought was running low,but now I just realized I will be alright now for the coming week, for I always have to have medicine on hand.I mean I am a very anxious 😰 and nervous with the pain as a problem to add to those two other issues and I don’t go anywhere without my meds or knowing how to replenish my meds so I do get where you are coming from and I see what you are saying.

Somatek
        Participant

I don’t understand; you though you were running out of smoke so you were going to spend money on a vape when you’ve been complaining about not having enough money to set up the grow for the last month?  That doesn’t make sense.  I’ve got a prescription for 8g/day but I am also very aware that if I use it as a crutch to cope with anxiety I’m setting myself up to be an addict.  I specifically avoid smoking when I’m having a bad day and am highly triggered, like I was yesterday dealing with personal issues.  I’ve been low on pot for a month, month and a half now and simply reduce my consumption and focus on using it when I need to manage pain the most while using other coping mechanisms to manage the rest of the time.

Like I’ve said before; you need to figure out what your priorities are and focus on them or you’ll be spinning no matter how many lights you win…

Somatek
        Participant

Remember our discussion about going slow, being present and not letting you mind/anxieties run away with you?  When you reply to people with comments that aren’t relevant to their post it’s not a pleasant interaction, at best people are annoyed or confused  at worst people feel unheard and unimportant.  I don’t think either of those results are what you’re aiming for, try not to get lost in the excitement of winning.

Brad104
      Participant

Dude I am not I am just about over it every body hating on me for trying to win I will be glad when this is over with and everyone is done judging everyone

Somatek
        Participant

I’m not hating on you, I was expressing how unsatisfying it is talking with someone when they’re answers suggest they aren’t listening or engaged in the conversation but just saying what they think people want to hear them say.  Take it for what it’s worth, I’ve tried to make it clear what’s holding you back is how disorganized and chaotic your thinking is, not your lack of a light or additives, etc.  Instead you’re still talking about the contest and winning the light…

Brad104
      Participant

I’ve already got a psychiatrist @somatek I’m just still answering my notifications you posted to me last and I’m the spammer wth man I am over this kid stuff.

Somatek
      Participant

Today it’s more of rosin pressed at 82.5C, I should probably pop it in the fridge to help the terps separate out as their trying to at room temps but I keep dipping into it instead.  Perfect way to cut through the chatter and enjoy the day.

Brad104
      Participant

I enjoyed a few edibles today a cookie 🍪 my brother brought to me,it is a nice relaxing feeling for the evening.I needed something to take my tension out and that it has.Now time for a nighttime good ol’fashion head stone!

Best wishes to all.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close