Forums

Home Forums Q&A What is the difference between hydroponics and aeroponics

2 voices
4 replies
  • Author
      Brad104
      Participant

I’ve always thought that to be hydroponics the plant recieves as much oxygen as nutrients but is not aeroponics the same type principle just tweaked a bit or am I totally misunderstood? Thanks in advance for the clarification and knowledgeable information I’m sure to receive from this Post

Thank you

Somatek
      Participant

Hydroponic just means the majority of nutrients are delivered through a water soluble source; growing in soilless mix/fortified soil with fertilizers is growing hydroponically. Aeroponics is just a form of hydroponics, just like NFT, DWC/RDWC, drippers, flood and drain, etc. It’s the most advanced as it has the most aeration while also keeping the roots saturated since they’re hanging in a mist of nutrient solution, which means it has the highest potential growth/yield with the smallest root system possible. Hope that clarifies things.

Brad104
      Participant

As always yes you did,but didn’t they have systems 20 years ago that misted the roots then I’m thinking that they did,but I know you will know.thanks again @somatek

Somatek
        Participant

Aeroponics have been around for 25 years plus, it’s not a new way to grow just rarely used as there’s more practical/reliable systems for commercial production

Brad104
      Participant

I thought I remembered that,but nonetheless, thanks for clearing those things up.Its most appreciated @somatek

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close