Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation What’s in your library?

3 voices
8 replies
  • Author
      Somatek
      Participant

What grow books have you read and found useful?  Any non-pot specific books you’d recommend?  General must reads about the culture or history of pot?  Where are my fellow bookworms at?

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Atom
      Participant

Indoor outdoor grow bible by Jorge Cervantes is a must have for any grower. I’m not a huge book reader but I read alot of online articles and search forums like this one. I have an endless search for knowledge when it comes to this plant.

Somatek
      Participant

That was the grow bible I always recommened when I worked in hydro shops.  It’s really interesting to compare with Marijuana Horticulture by K from Trichome Technologies (an under appreciated master of Mota in my opinion).  Cervantes books are written from the perspective of growing under prohibition vs K who writes from one after legalization.  So an example of the difference is with ventilation, Cervantes simply states that negative pressure is needed with the vent fan moving more CFM then the intake so all the air is properly filtered.  K elaborates that while negative pressure in a room makes the filtration system more effective, positive air pressure reduces pathogen/PM pressure if removing all the odors isn’t key for legal reasons.  The Handbook of Cannabis Production in Controlled Environments takes it a step further by being written based on the best current scientific based info on growing, the contributor credentials are intimidating with a lot coming from the UoG and being focused on cannabis production specifically.  It really is an exciting time to be a grower as the knowledge base changes and expands exponentially.

Brad104
      Participant

Great answer @atom I don’t have any more to add I swear I was going to comment the grow bible as well good stuff my dude, and @somatek I was thinking that you had to have some sort of background in hydroponics of some kind for your a highly educated in the ways of indoor gardening my guy! Hats off to you.I just wanted to give credit where credit is due for I’m glad to know you and @atom

Somatek
        Participant

The bible by Cervantes is such a solid book I use to collect old editions of it, I never did manage to get my hands on the 1st or 3rd though before my old book collection was destroyed.

I use to grow for a compassion club 20 years ago, I worked in head shops/hydroponic shops for 5 years during that time and am an avid autodidact despite being a high school drop out.  I did complete the UoG pot production course but never pursued a full diploma as I’m not interested in the production side, just personal growers and specifically med users.

Brad104
      Participant

That’s awesome @somatek and I would have never guessed that you didn’t graduate,dude you are so well spoken and have so much technical information and are just informative as hell bro I am glad to know you for sure bro,Best of luck to you with your grow, your new addition looks super nice too

Somatek
        Participant

ADHD both limited my ability to function in school but makes me excellent at learning as I can easily get lost in reading about something endlessly when I hyperfocus.  I just happen to have been focused on pot for most of the last 20 years lol.  My bedroom looks like a collage kids dorm with all the pot pics and paraphenalia laying around

Brad104
      Participant

I can definitely believe it, for you can tell when you are speaking on a subject it sounds like a professor is explaining a thesis in class and I think that is just awesome 💯 bro I do thank you again and I will message you later ok thanks again @somatek

Somatek
        Participant

Who knew horoscopes were right as apparently mine says I am well suited to being a teacher despite terrorizing them as a kid lol

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close